GREAT NEWS: Credit will not expire anymore

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2006.

  1. https://www.voipbuster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7459&sid=dc48983fd10ab4b567f8cfb4551c6461

    We decided to drop the expiry dates for credit. That means your credit
    will stay valid for ever!

    If you buy credit, you will get 120 freedays (unless stated otherwise).
    This means you can call all countries in the free destinations list for
    120 days at no costs. When the 120 days are over, you will keep your
    credit, and a minimal rate (like 1 cent/minute) will be charged, this
    rate depends on the country and will one of these days be displayed on
    the website's rates list

    AND IT EVEN GETS BETTER.. starting next week (it's not active yet!), if
    you top up your account before your Freedays are over, we will ADD
    (instead of overwrite) your freedays (up to a 365 days maximum) .. for
    example if you have 40 days left and you topup with 120 days you will
    then get 160 free days.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > https://www.voipbuster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7459&sid=dc48983fd10ab4b567f8cfb4551c6461
    >
    > We decided to drop the expiry dates for credit. That means your credit
    > will stay valid for ever!
    >
    > If you buy credit, you will get 120 freedays (unless stated otherwise).
    > This means you can call all countries in the free destinations list for
    > 120 days at no costs. When the 120 days are over, you will keep your
    > credit, and a minimal rate (like 1 cent/minute) will be charged, this
    > rate depends on the country and will one of these days be displayed on
    > the website's rates list
    >
    > AND IT EVEN GETS BETTER.. starting next week (it's not active yet!), if
    > you top up your account before your Freedays are over, we will ADD
    > (instead of overwrite) your freedays (up to a 365 days maximum) .. for
    > example if you have 40 days left and you topup with 120 days you will
    > then get 160 free days.

    Cool. That IS an improvement. Until the next change ;=)

    I presume that will be the same on all Betamax sites?

    paul123, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh paul123:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> https://www.voipbuster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7459&sid=dc48983fd10ab4b567f8cfb4551c6461
    >>
    >> We decided to drop the expiry dates for credit. That means your
    >> credit will stay valid for ever!
    >>
    >> If you buy credit, you will get 120 freedays (unless stated
    >> otherwise). This means you can call all countries in the free
    >> destinations list for 120 days at no costs. When the 120 days are
    >> over, you will keep your credit, and a minimal rate (like 1
    >> cent/minute) will be charged, this rate depends on the country and
    >> will one of these days be displayed on the website's rates list
    >>
    >> AND IT EVEN GETS BETTER.. starting next week (it's not active yet!),
    >> if you top up your account before your Freedays are over, we will ADD
    >> (instead of overwrite) your freedays (up to a 365 days maximum) ..
    >> for example if you have 40 days left and you topup with 120 days you
    >> will then get 160 free days.

    > Cool. That IS an improvement. Until the next change ;=)
    >
    > I presume that will be the same on all Betamax sites?

    I'm hoping so.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2006
  4. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 11:58:56 -0700, "paul123" <>, wrote:

    >I presume that will be the same on all Betamax sites?

    For the average numpty UK new-user
    is there really any difference between the Betamax sites
    apart from the odd dial rate charges shown by pages like
    http://www.voipproducts.eu/betamax/

    Wik

    , Aug 21, 2006
  5. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    wrote:
    > On 21 Aug 2006 11:58:56 -0700, "paul123" <>, wrote:
    >

    > >I presume that will be the same on all Betamax sites?

    > For the average numpty UK new-user
    > is there really any difference between the Betamax sites
    > apart from the odd dial rate charges shown by pages like
    > http://www.voipproducts.eu/betamax/

    Well, yes and no.

    Yes if you're dialling the UK a lot. Voipbuster charge for UK landline
    calls, whereas most of the rest don't. I no longer use voipbuster - I'm
    on voipstunt.

    No, if you don't call the UK much or if you don't mind paying.

    At the end of the day (120 days), free is much cheaper than 1p, or
    cent, a minute.

    paul123, Aug 21, 2006
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 14:12:45 -0700, "paul123" <>, wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On 21 Aug 2006 11:58:56 -0700, "paul123" <>, wrote:
    >>

    >> >I presume that will be the same on all Betamax sites?

    >> For the average numpty UK new-user
    >> is there really any difference between the Betamax sites
    >> apart from the odd dial rate charges shown by pages like
    >> http://www.voipproducts.eu/betamax/

    >Well, yes and no.
    >
    >Yes if you're dialling the UK a lot. Voipbuster charge for UK landline
    >calls, whereas most of the rest don't. I no longer use voipbuster - I'm
    >on voipstunt.
    >
    >No, if you don't call the UK much or if you don't mind paying.
    >
    >At the end of the day (120 days), free is much cheaper than 1p, or
    >cent, a minute.

    Thanks Paul. It would be a UK user calling UK numbers almost
    exclusively. I guess that would include some mobile and 08**.
    I noticed your earlier FreeCall post and email the info and url to a
    numpty friend. I know that they would use the telephone a lot more
    than they do if only it did not cost so much :) To them the word
    telephone and BT equate to the same thing. About the only distinction
    that they make is an awareness that some of the younger members of
    their family have these new fangled mobile telephone <LOL>

    I got them to Read through the T&C of FreeCall last night.
    Now they have signed up. I expect I will get a phone call this
    evening. Just have to convince them that they will not have to keep
    the calls to less than essential words and one call a month.

    Wik

    , Aug 22, 2006
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    wrote:

    > Thanks Paul. It would be a UK user calling UK numbers almost
    > exclusively. I guess that would include some mobile and 08**.

    Of course, anything that aint a landline number (08..., 07....etc)
    gets charged....., but they're still reasonable-ish rates. Happy
    calling ;)

    paul123, Aug 22, 2006