Great movies

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Larry, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
    trying to figure out what happened here.

    So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
    last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
    group.

    Can we PLEASE get back too talking about movies and move
    away from "ripping", "copying", and burning, as well as
    politics????

    If you think an intenational newsgroup about DvD is the
    place to discuss the (US) election, you are probably part
    of whats wrong with the US.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Larry wrote:
    > I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
    > trying to figure out what happened here.
    >
    > So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
    > last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
    > group.
    >
    > Can we PLEASE get back too talking about movies and move
    > away from "ripping", "copying", and burning, as well as
    > politics????
    >
    > If you think an intenational newsgroup about DvD is the
    > place to discuss the (US) election, you are probably part
    > of whats wrong with the US.

    While I agree with you Larry, instead of complaining why not
    make a post or two or ten on these great movies you are
    refering to. Perhaps that will get the ball rolling if you
    know what I mean.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Larry

    DVDfanatico Guest

    Dear Larry,

    I've followed this group off and on and I too have noticed that there seems to
    be less posts about laserdiscs, NewLine commentaries, release prospects,
    speakers and movies and more talk about storage, regions, and HDDVD and Mystic
    Pizza

    Well, those topics of entertainment are valid too. Hopefully Norm Wilner will
    return sometime in the future.

    God bless
    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Larry

    Tom Cantwell Guest

    Larry <> wrote in

    > I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
    > trying to figure out what happened here.
    >
    > So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
    > last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
    > group.
    >---

    rec.video.dvd.titles

    Tom Cantwell, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Larry

    Bob H Guest

    Tom Cantwell wrote:

    > Larry <> wrote in
    >

    >>I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
    >>trying to figure out what happened here.
    >>
    >>So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
    >>last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
    >>group.
    >>---

    > rec.video.dvd.titles

    so where can we talk about the US election :)

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    Bob H, Oct 26, 2004
  6. Larry

    Biz Guest

    Biz, Oct 26, 2004
  7. On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:14:06 -0400, Larry
    <> wrote:

    >I have followed this news group for several years and I'm
    >trying to figure out what happened here.
    >
    >So many GREAT MOVIES have been released to DvD over the
    >last year, and SELDOM if ever are they discussed in this
    >group.
    >
    >Can we PLEASE get back too talking about movies and move
    >away from "ripping", "copying", and burning, as well as
    >politics????
    >
    >If you think an intenational newsgroup about DvD is the
    >place to discuss the (US) election, you are probably part
    >of whats wrong with the US.

    Actually I think you got it backwards this group is called
    alt.VIDEO.dvd

    video (vide o)
    adj.
    1 of or used in television
    2 designating or of the picture portion of a telecast, as
    distinguished from the audio (or sound) portion
    3 designating or of the display of data on a computer video
    screen

    This is essentially a technical group not a art group.

    try these:
    rec.arts.movies.current-films
    rec.arts.movies.international
    rec.arts.movies.past-films
    rec.arts.sf.movies
    rec.arts.movies.current-films,
    rec.arts.movies.misc,
    rec.arts.movies.production
    rec.arts.movies.reviews

    Serial # 19781010, Oct 27, 2004
  8. Larry

    Bob H Guest

    Biz wrote:
    > "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>so where can we talk about the US election :)
    >>
    >>--
    >>Bob H
    >>Leeds UK

    Errr, thanks, but no thanks, I was only joking.

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    Bob H, Oct 27, 2004
  9. Larry

    Biz Guest

    "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > Biz wrote:
    > > "Bob H" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>so where can we talk about the US election :)
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>Bob H
    > >>Leeds UK

    plenty....

    > Errr, thanks, but no thanks, I was only joking.
    >
    > --
    > Bob H
    > Leeds UK

    The problem is you just planted an idea in someone's pea brain that read
    this NG. We have enough OT crap to fill a giant dump truck, they dont need
    any more fodder for thought.

    Biz, Oct 27, 2004