Great Cheap 3D card.. FX 5900 XT.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dumdedo, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    Yes got myself a Gigabyte FX 5900 TX, nice card no H/W Monitoring though.
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N59X128D.htm#

    Only takes up one slot and so all your PCI slots can be used.

    Has full fan Ram & GPU cooling, all the 128meg rams are one side of the card,
    Very similar to the eVGA one, has a blue led aluminated fan.

    http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=128-A8-N321-TX

    3 Reviews of the eVGA one..

    http://www.evga.com/5900/default.asp

    The FX 5900 XT/SE is a Full version of the FX5900 but with slower ram, but
    they fitted low latency ram, so things are not that slow at all.

    My 3Dmark3 340 none tweaked results with a P4 2.4g is 5402..

    My price was $475inc..

    eVGA stuff is not sold here at all.
    Dumdedo, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Dumdedo

    pete Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message

    > Yes got myself a Gigabyte FX 5900 TX, nice card no H/W Monitoring though.
    > http://tw.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N59X128D.htm#
    >
    > Only takes up one slot and so all your PCI slots can be used.
    >
    > Has full fan Ram & GPU cooling, all the 128meg rams are one side of the

    card,
    > Very similar to the eVGA one, has a blue led aluminated fan.
    >
    > http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=128-A8-N321-TX
    >
    > 3 Reviews of the eVGA one..
    >
    > http://www.evga.com/5900/default.asp
    >

    > The FX 5900 XT/SE is a Full version of the FX5900 but with slower ram,

    but
    > they fitted low latency ram, so things are not that slow at all.
    >

    > My 3Dmark3 340 none tweaked results with a P4 2.4g is 5402..
    >
    > My price was $475inc..
    >

    > eVGA stuff is not sold here at all.

    Countdown for Crapmark starting ...NOW!
    pete, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 23:38:24 +1300, "pete" <> wrote:

    >"Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Yes got myself a Gigabyte FX 5900 TX, nice card no H/W Monitoring though.
    >> http://tw.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N59X128D.htm#
    >>
    >> Only takes up one slot and so all your PCI slots can be used.
    >>
    >> Has full fan Ram & GPU cooling, all the 128meg rams are one side of the

    >card,
    >> Very similar to the eVGA one, has a blue led aluminated fan.
    >>
    >> http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=128-A8-N321-TX
    >>
    >> 3 Reviews of the eVGA one..
    >>
    >> http://www.evga.com/5900/default.asp
    >>

    >> The FX 5900 XT/SE is a Full version of the FX5900 but with slower ram,

    >but
    >> they fitted low latency ram, so things are not that slow at all.
    >>

    >> My 3Dmark3 340 none tweaked results with a P4 2.4g is 5402..
    >>
    >> My price was $475inc..
    >>

    >> eVGA stuff is not sold here at all.

    >Countdown for Crapmark starting ...NOW!

    What a wanker you are..

    Can't you even post some thing decent or value, or was you born with this
    infliction..

    Or may be you just came out of a shell.?
    Dumdedo, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Dumdedo

    Lebowski Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message

    > Can't you even post some thing decent or value, or was you born with this
    > infliction..

    It's *affliction*..
    Lebowski, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Dumdedo

    Lennier Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 23:38:24 +1300, pete wrote:

    > Countdown for Crapmark starting ...NOW!

    LOL - nice!

    Lennier
    Lennier, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 00:51:20 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 23:38:24 +1300, pete wrote:
    >
    >> Countdown for Crapmark starting ...NOW!

    >LOL - nice!
    >
    >Lennier

    So just a Stupid little boy that has not grown up..
    Dumdedo, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Dumdedo

    cowboyz Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message

    > Yes got myself a Gigabyte FX 5900 TX, nice card no H/W Monitoring though.
    > http://tw.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N59X128D.htm#
    >
    > Only takes up one slot and so all your PCI slots can be used.
    >
    > Has full fan Ram & GPU cooling, all the 128meg rams are one side of the

    card,
    > Very similar to the eVGA one, has a blue led aluminated fan.
    >
    > http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=128-A8-N321-TX
    >
    > 3 Reviews of the eVGA one..
    >
    > http://www.evga.com/5900/default.asp
    >

    > The FX 5900 XT/SE is a Full version of the FX5900 but with slower ram,

    but
    > they fitted low latency ram, so things are not that slow at all.
    >

    > My 3Dmark3 340 none tweaked results with a P4 2.4g is 5402..
    >
    > My price was $475inc..
    >

    > eVGA stuff is not sold here at all.

    Where did you get it from and does it have VIVO?

    cowboyz, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Dumdedo

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message

    > "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Yes got myself a Gigabyte FX 5900 TX, nice card no H/W Monitoring

    though.
    > > http://tw.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N59X128D.htm#
    > >
    > > Only takes up one slot and so all your PCI slots can be used.
    > >
    > > Has full fan Ram & GPU cooling, all the 128meg rams are one side of the

    > card,
    > > Very similar to the eVGA one, has a blue led aluminated fan.
    > >
    > > http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=128-A8-N321-TX
    > >
    > > 3 Reviews of the eVGA one..
    > >
    > > http://www.evga.com/5900/default.asp
    > >

    > > The FX 5900 XT/SE is a Full version of the FX5900 but with slower ram,

    > but
    > > they fitted low latency ram, so things are not that slow at all.
    > >

    > > My 3Dmark3 340 none tweaked results with a P4 2.4g is 5402..
    > >
    > > My price was $475inc..
    > >

    > > eVGA stuff is not sold here at all.

    > Countdown for Crapmark starting ...NOW!

    All he needs now is a 64 bit system to get the most out of the thing - his
    choice will be an AMD 64 bit system of course...
    And afterwards we'll then have to put up with him going on about "Intel
    CRAP".
    LOL

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 27, 2003
  9. Dumdedo

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Dec 27, 2003
  10. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 08:27:18 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >"Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Yes got myself a Gigabyte FX 5900 TX, nice card no H/W Monitoring though.
    >> http://tw.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N59X128D.htm#
    >>
    >> Only takes up one slot and so all your PCI slots can be used.
    >>
    >> Has full fan Ram & GPU cooling, all the 128meg rams are one side of the

    >card,
    >> Very similar to the eVGA one, has a blue led aluminated fan.
    >>
    >> http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=128-A8-N321-TX
    >>
    >> 3 Reviews of the eVGA one..
    >>
    >> http://www.evga.com/5900/default.asp
    >>

    >> The FX 5900 XT/SE is a Full version of the FX5900 but with slower ram,

    >but
    >> they fitted low latency ram, so things are not that slow at all.
    >>

    >> My 3Dmark3 340 none tweaked results with a P4 2.4g is 5402..
    >>
    >> My price was $475inc..
    >>

    >> eVGA stuff is not sold here at all.
    >>

    >Where did you get it from and does it have VIVO?

    Its a cheap budget card NO VIVO, as I do not need it.

    This card is Very new and only one shop shows up on pricespy
    but talked PP into getting it for me.
    Dumdedo, Dec 27, 2003
  11. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:48:10 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <
    (remove eye)> wrote:

    >"pete" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> > Yes got myself a Gigabyte FX 5900 TX, nice card no H/W Monitoring

    >though.
    >> > http://tw.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N59X128D.htm#
    >> >
    >> > Only takes up one slot and so all your PCI slots can be used.
    >> >
    >> > Has full fan Ram & GPU cooling, all the 128meg rams are one side of the

    >> card,
    >> > Very similar to the eVGA one, has a blue led aluminated fan.
    >> >
    >> > http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=128-A8-N321-TX
    >> >
    >> > 3 Reviews of the eVGA one..
    >> >
    >> > http://www.evga.com/5900/default.asp
    >> >

    >> > The FX 5900 XT/SE is a Full version of the FX5900 but with slower ram,

    >> but
    >> > they fitted low latency ram, so things are not that slow at all.
    >> >

    >> > My 3Dmark3 340 none tweaked results with a P4 2.4g is 5402..
    >> >
    >> > My price was $475inc..
    >> >

    >> > eVGA stuff is not sold here at all.

    >> Countdown for Crapmark starting ...NOW!

    >All he needs now is a 64 bit system to get the most out of the thing - his
    >choice will be an AMD 64 bit system of course...
    >And afterwards we'll then have to put up with him going on about "Intel
    >CRAP".
    >LOL
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    Grow up you idiot..
    Dumdedo, Dec 27, 2003
  12. Dumdedo

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:48:10 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <
    > (remove eye)> wrote:
    >

    > >"pete" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message

    > >though.

    the
    > >> card,

    ram,
    > >> but

    > >> Countdown for Crapmark starting ...NOW!

    > >All he needs now is a 64 bit system to get the most out of the thing -

    his
    > >choice will be an AMD 64 bit system of course...
    > >And afterwards we'll then have to put up with him going on about "Intel
    > >CRAP".
    > >LOL
    > >
    > >E. Scrooge

    > Grow up you idiot..

    It's hardly going to work up a sweat with your little P4 2.4 32bit system.

    Think big... think very big... think AMD 64 bit - since it's out right while
    Intel are trying to match it.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 27, 2003
  13. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:22:14 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <
    (remove eye)> wrote:

    >"Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:48:10 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <
    >> (remove eye)> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"pete" <> wrote in message

    >> >though.

    >the

    >ram,

    >> >All he needs now is a 64 bit system to get the most out of the thing -

    >his
    >> >choice will be an AMD 64 bit system of course...
    >> >And afterwards we'll then have to put up with him going on about "Intel
    >> >CRAP".
    >> >LOL
    >> >
    >> >E. Scrooge

    >> Grow up you idiot..

    >It's hardly going to work up a sweat with your little P4 2.4 32bit system.
    >
    >Think big... think very big... think AMD 64 bit - since it's out right while
    >Intel are trying to match it.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    supports it.

    Time again to grow up and to stop being a Dork..
    Dumdedo, Dec 28, 2003
  14. Dumdedo

    T.N.O. Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:
    > And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    > supports it.
    > Time again to grow up and to stop being a Dork..

    XP runs just fine on them from what I have seen and read... mighty
    quickly too. and there is always a new OS around the corner aswell.

    As for being only one game... sofar there is only one game, sofar.
    T.N.O., Dec 28, 2003
  15. Dumdedo

    Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:50:22 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:

    > And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    > supports it.

    Bullshit!

    RedHat Linux is available for 64bit systems.

    Lennier
    Lennier, Dec 28, 2003
  16. Dumdedo

    T.N.O. Guest

    Lennier wrote:
    >>And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    >>supports it.

    > Bullshit!
    > RedHat Linux is available for 64bit systems.

    Have they released it for Athlon64/Opteron? I thought that wasn't until
    the next release for full support.

    One of the other flavours is already available, but yeah, have only read
    about one.
    T.N.O., Dec 28, 2003
  17. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:45:31 +1300, "T.N.O."
    <> wrote:

    >Dumdedo wrote:
    >> And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    >> supports it.
    >> Time again to grow up and to stop being a Dork..

    >XP runs just fine on them from what I have seen and read... mighty
    >quickly too. and there is always a new OS around the corner aswell.
    >
    >As for being only one game... sofar there is only one game, sofar.

    The 64Bit XP is only a Beta and not out for the Public..
    Dumdedo, Dec 28, 2003
  18. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:02:44 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:50:22 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:
    >
    >> And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    >> supports it.

    >Bullshit!
    >
    >RedHat Linux is available for 64bit systems.
    >
    >Lennier

    But who wants to run a Crap OS like that, its for Lunatics..
    Dumdedo, Dec 28, 2003
  19. Hi there,

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > Dumdedo wrote:
    >
    >> And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    >> supports it.
    >> Time again to grow up and to stop being a Dork..

    > XP runs just fine on them from what I have seen and read... mighty
    > quickly too. and there is always a new OS around the corner aswell.
    >
    > As for being only one game... sofar there is only one game, sofar.

    UT2K3. Not a bad first game really...absolutely screams according to
    couple of mag reviews I've recently read...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 28, 2003
  20. Dumdedo

    ac Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:02:44 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:50:22 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:
    > >
    > >> And NO OS for it at all, Its not a supported Platform and Only one Game
    > >> supports it.

    > >Bullshit!
    > >
    > >RedHat Linux is available for 64bit systems.
    > >
    > >Lennier

    > But who wants to run a Crap OS like that, its for Lunatics..

    Tell me Wodger (I must be really bored here), but what did Linux ever do
    to hurt you so much?
    ac, Dec 28, 2003