    Cy8212 Guest

    Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell. Isnt life
    great?

    Cy8212, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Cy8212

    Jim Guest

    If you like SanDisk.

    Jim, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Cy8212

    Jeff Dunn Guest

    Jeff Dunn, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Cy8212

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > (Cy8212) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell. Isnt life
    > > great?

    > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
    >
    > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=63986&path=0:5426:3959:63985:63986

    Amazon is cheaper on Viking than Wal-Mart, $56.99 vs. $61.97.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 28, 2003
  5. Cy8212

    Paul Larson Guest

    (Jeff Dunn) wrote in

    > (Cy8212) wrote in message
    >> Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell.
    >> Isnt life great?

    > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk

    $38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference would
    be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

    Paul

    Paul Larson, Jul 28, 2003
  6. Cy8212

    Paul Larson Guest

    Paul Larson <> wrote in

    > (Jeff Dunn) wrote in
    >
    >> (Cy8212) wrote in message
    >>> Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell.
    >>> Isnt life great?

    >> Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
    >>

    > $38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference
    > would be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after
    > rebate.
    >
    > Paul

    Try this again -

    $38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 for the Viking(after the rebate).
    My preference would be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for
    $38.96(after rebate).

    Paul

    Paul Larson, Jul 28, 2003
  7. Cy8212

    IMKen Guest

    I recently purchased 256 mb CF off eBay at $29 plus $3.50 shipping "buy it
    now" which is about as cheap as I have found anywhere.

    IMKen, Jul 28, 2003
  8. Paul Larson <> wrote:
    >$38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference would
    >be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

    But given how flaky Dell/partner are with rebates, better to buy based
    on the upfront costs.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Jason O'Rourke, Jul 28, 2003
  9. Cy8212

    Cy8212 Guest

    I am the op and yes, SanDisk works fine for me. My time is not so valuable that
    a few extra seconds of read/write time is gonna ruin my day. Also that 77
    dollars for 512 megs is bottom line....no shipping, no tax, and no silly
    rebates to mail and wait.

    Cy8212, Jul 28, 2003
  10. Cy8212

    Don Coon Guest

    > > Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell. Isnt

    life
    > > great?

    > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk

    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=63986&path=0:5426%3
    A3959%3A63985%3A63986

    What 512MB combination of cards can you buy from Wal-Mart for less than the
    $77 deal from Dell?

    Don Coon, Jul 28, 2003
  11. Cy8212

    Don Coon Guest

    "Jason O'Rourke" <> wrote in message
    > Paul Larson <> wrote:
    > >$38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference

    would
    > >be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

    > But given how flaky Dell/partner are with rebates, better to buy based
    > on the upfront costs.
    >
    > --
    > Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Viking has a pretty poor reputation when it comes to rebates. I'd personally
    pay a few bucks more to avoid dealing with them after the fiasco I went
    through trying to get a rebate last year.

    Don Coon, Jul 28, 2003
  12. Cy8212

    Abrasha Guest

    Jeff Dunn wrote:

    > (Cy8212) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell. Isnt life
    > > great?

    > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
    >
    > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=63986&path=0:5426:3959:63985:63986

    I don't think so. I think he meant to say TWO 256 mB disk for $77.- That 512
    mB for $77.-

    That's $38.50 a piece. The best Walmart price on what seems to be a no name
    brand card is $59.64

    And Sandisk performs just fine.

    What I want to know, is how I can get a 256 Mb Sandisk CF card from Dell,
    because I was not able to find that deal on their site.
    --
    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Jul 29, 2003
  13. Cy8212

    John Russell Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:10:42 GMT, "Don Coon"
    <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:
    >"Jason O'Rourke" <> wrote in message
    >> Paul Larson <> wrote:
    >> >$38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference

    >would
    >> >be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

    >> But given how flaky Dell/partner are with rebates, better to buy based
    >> on the upfront costs.
    >>

    >Viking has a pretty poor reputation when it comes to rebates. I'd personally
    >pay a few bucks more to avoid dealing with them after the fiasco I went
    >through trying to get a rebate last year.

    I sent my rebate form in 1 day after the cutoff but still got the $50
    check. I tried to give the impression by being so scrupulous with
    filling out the form, that I'd hang tough if they denied it.

    John
    --
    Photo gallery: http://www.pbase.com/john_russell/

    John Russell, Jul 29, 2003
  14. Cy8212

    Maywood Guest

    Did you have a special coupon code or something? The best they seem to have
    is 10% off and free shipping.

    Maywood, Jul 29, 2003
  15. Cy8212

    Sloopy Guest

    In article <Xns93C68A4382B91whistlertwcnyrrcom@24.24.2.165>,
    Paul Larson <> wrote:

    > (Jeff Dunn) wrote in
    >
    > > (Cy8212) wrote in message
    > >> Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell.
    > >> Isnt life great?

    > > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
    > >

    > $38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference would
    > be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

    I don't care how good the Kingston card is, I'm not paying 438.96 for
    one.

    -Sloopy

    Sloopy, Jul 29, 2003
  16. Cy8212

    Jim Morgan Guest

    >>But given how flaky Dell/partner are with rebates, better to buy based
    >>on the upfront costs.
    >>

    > Viking has a pretty poor reputation when it comes to rebates. I'd personally
    > pay a few bucks more to avoid dealing with them after the fiasco I went
    > through trying to get a rebate last year.

    Rebates appear to be a crapshoot at very best (possibly planned fraud at
    worst). I've sent off two in the past year and in both cases they
    simply "disappeared".

    The moral of the story... If your outgoing mail is worth more than a few
    bucks.... INSURE IT!

    Jim

    Jim Morgan, Jul 29, 2003
  17. Cy8212

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <%rsVa.14313$>,
    says...
    > "Sloopy" <> wrote in message =
    > > In article <Xns93C68A4382B91whistlertwcnyrrcom@24.24.2.165>,
    > > Paul Larson <> wrote:
    > >=20
    > > > My preference would be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers =

    > for 438.96 after rebate.
    > >=20
    > > I don't care how good the Kingston card is, I'm not paying 438.96 for =

    > one.
    > >=20

    > That IS ridiculous! I bought a SanDisk Ultra 512 meg card from Amazon =
    > for $149.99. I'm using it in a Canon G5 with excellent results.

    It was a TYPO. As he corrected himself in a later post, it is $38.96.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 29, 2003
  18. Cy8212

    Don Coon Guest

    "Sloopy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Xns93C68A4382B91whistlertwcnyrrcom@24.24.2.165>,
    > Paul Larson <> wrote:
    >
    > > (Jeff Dunn) wrote in
    > >
    > > > (Cy8212) wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
    > > >

    > > $38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference

    would
    > > be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

    > I don't care how good the Kingston card is, I'm not paying 438.96 for
    > one.
    >
    > -Sloopy

    I'm sure you notice that the $ and 4 share the same key ; ) Try $38.96.

    Don Coon, Jul 29, 2003
  19. Cy8212

    AB Guest

    "Maywood" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Did you have a special coupon code or something? The best they seem to have
    > is 10% off and free shipping.
    >
    > "Cy8212" <> wrote in message
    > > I am the op and yes, SanDisk works fine for me. My time is not so valuable

    > that
    > > a few extra seconds of read/write time is gonna ruin my day. Also that 77
    > > dollars for 512 megs is bottom line....no shipping, no tax, and no silly
    > > rebates to mail and wait.

    I have 4 256MB CF cards that all work fine - 1 Viking - 1 Simpletech
    and 2 sandisk. I have used them for over a yr now. Also I did get
    Viking rebate OK.
    I was turned down by Simpletech and I sent the form in sameday I got
    the card in the mail.

    Here is a good place to check on current prices.

    http://www.showtelinc.com/compact_flash.htm

    Alice B

    AB, Jul 29, 2003
  20. How did you manage that, I just did a search "Compact Flash", "buy it
    now" and the cheapest that came up was $37 plus ship, and most run
    between $42 and $53.

    Wolf-==-

    Wolfgang Benninghoven, Jul 29, 2003