Great Blue Heron -- I believe

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert R Kircher, Jr., Jun 6, 2005.

  1. Robert R Kircher, Jr., Jun 6, 2005

  2. Robert R Kircher, Jr.

    Owamanga Guest

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:22:08 -0400, "Robert R Kircher, Jr."
    <> wrote:

    >Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
    >along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
    >Heron.
    >
    >Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051

    It is indeed the Great Blue. Not uncommon here in S.Florida.

    Nice birds to shoot because they remain fairly still for the majority
    of the time.

    Check here to see what they look like newborn:
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga/image/40645296

    --
    Owamanga!
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
    Owamanga, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Robert R Kircher, Jr.

    Morton Klotz Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
    >along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
    >Heron.
    >
    >Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051