    Trying to send multicast across a vpn. I'm familiar with IOS support
    for GRE tunnels which would in turn be tunneled in ipsec by the same
    router or a pix. Does ASA support GRE tunnels and GRE tunneled in ipsec?

    lfnetworking, Aug 29, 2006

  2. In article <683Jg.4661$>,
    lfnetworking <_bill_@_lfnetworking.com> wrote:
    >Trying to send multicast across a vpn. I'm familiar with IOS support
    >for GRE tunnels which would in turn be tunneled in ipsec by the same
    >router or a pix. Does ASA support GRE tunnels and GRE tunneled in ipsec?

    As best I recall, ASA will not encapsulate into GRE.

    ASA can encapsulate GRE packets, along with any other type of IP
    packet.

    If you are trying to send multicast, then you might want to use
    a layer 2 transparent VPN, which I seem to recall seeing that the ASA
    supports (but I haven't studied the facilities of the relevant
    software releases.)

    Walter Roberson, Aug 30, 2006