    about $120 to enable me to play this type of game.

    Been looking at a 256MB card based on the ATI Radeon 9550, would this do
    the job well enough?
    SNOman, Mar 23, 2006

  2. SNOman

    Daniel Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > Been out of the hardware scene for a bit but feel the need to now
    > install some FPS and shoot the hell out of crap. My old 32mb card won't
    > cut it with things like COD2 etc but I don't want to spend anything over
    > about $120 to enable me to play this type of game.
    >
    > Been looking at a 256MB card based on the ATI Radeon 9550, would this do
    > the job well enough?

    Guessing you're looking for a new item only (no TradeMe).

    What kind of CPU do you have? (better yet what make PC do you have)

    I assume you're using an AGP motherboard?

    Anyway, 9550 will be good enough - but, you should mention the system
    specs as well.
    Daniel, Mar 23, 2006

  3. SNOman

    SNOman Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > SNOman wrote:
    >> Been out of the hardware scene for a bit but feel the need to now
    >> install some FPS and shoot the hell out of crap. My old 32mb card
    >> won't cut it with things like COD2 etc but I don't want to spend
    >> anything over about $120 to enable me to play this type of game.
    >>
    >> Been looking at a 256MB card based on the ATI Radeon 9550, would this
    >> do the job well enough?

    > Guessing you're looking for a new item only (no TradeMe).
    >
    > What kind of CPU do you have? (better yet what make PC do you have)
    >
    > I assume you're using an AGP motherboard?
    >
    > Anyway, 9550 will be good enough - but, you should mention the system
    > specs as well.

    Asus MB
    AGP
    1Gb RAM
    AMD XP2200
    SNOman, Mar 23, 2006
  4. SNOman

    Daniel Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> SNOman wrote:
    >>

    >>> Been looking at a 256MB card based on the ATI Radeon 9550, would this
    >>> do the job well enough?

    > Asus MB
    > AGP
    > 1Gb RAM
    > AMD XP2200

    Right.

    9550 will be fine.

    Although, you may might want to consider a 6200 instead (but, not the
    turbo-cache version). It should be in your price range.
    Daniel, Mar 23, 2006
  5. SNOman

    XPD Guest

    "SNOman" <spam_sux@sod_off.com> wrote in message
    > Been out of the hardware scene for a bit but feel the need to now install
    > some FPS and shoot the hell out of crap. My old 32mb card won't cut it
    > with things like COD2 etc but I don't want to spend anything over about
    > $120 to enable me to play this type of game.
    >
    > Been looking at a 256MB card based on the ATI Radeon 9550, would this do
    > the job well enough?

    I picked up a 2nd hand 9600Pro for $40.... CoD2, Swat 4, Sim City 4,
    Brothers in Arms and various other "high spec" games run sweet with it
    (obviously with a few of the purdy gfx turned down, but mainly in Cod2).
    This is on a P3 1ghz with 512mb.
    XPD, Mar 23, 2006
  6. SNOman

    SchoolTech Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > SNOman wrote:
    >> Been out of the hardware scene for a bit but feel the need to now
    >> install some FPS and shoot the hell out of crap. My old 32mb card
    >> won't cut it with things like COD2 etc but I don't want to spend
    >> anything over about $120 to enable me to play this type of game.
    >>
    >> Been looking at a 256MB card based on the ATI Radeon 9550, would this
    >> do the job well enough?

    > Guessing you're looking for a new item only (no TradeMe).
    >
    > What kind of CPU do you have? (better yet what make PC do you have)
    >
    > I assume you're using an AGP motherboard?
    >
    > Anyway, 9550 will be good enough - but, you should mention the system
    > specs as well.

    You can get those on PCI Express and PCI as well (maybe I;m thinking
    9250 for the PCI)

    Powercolor is a reliable brand.
    SchoolTech, Mar 23, 2006
  7. SNOman

    -=rjh=- Guest

    SchoolTech wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> SNOman wrote:
    >>> Been out of the hardware scene for a bit but feel the need to now
    >>> install some FPS and shoot the hell out of crap. My old 32mb card
    >>> won't cut it with things like COD2 etc but I don't want to spend
    >>> anything over about $120 to enable me to play this type of game.
    >>>
    >>> Been looking at a 256MB card based on the ATI Radeon 9550, would this
    >>> do the job well enough?

    >> Guessing you're looking for a new item only (no TradeMe).
    >>
    >> What kind of CPU do you have? (better yet what make PC do you have)
    >>
    >> I assume you're using an AGP motherboard?
    >>
    >> Anyway, 9550 will be good enough - but, you should mention the system
    >> specs as well.

    > You can get those on PCI Express and PCI as well (maybe I;m thinking
    > 9250 for the PCI)
    >
    > Powercolor is a reliable brand.

    I agree, I have a Powercolor Radeon 7500SE PCI (because it was the
    fastest PCI card without a fan at the time) and it really is excellent.
    -=rjh=-, Mar 23, 2006
  8. SNOman

    Daniel Guest

    SchoolTech wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >

    >> I assume you're using an AGP motherboard?
    >>
    >> Anyway, 9550 will be good enough - but, you should mention the system
    >> specs as well.

    > You can get those on PCI Express and PCI as well (maybe I;m thinking
    > 9250 for the PCI)
    >
    > Powercolor is a reliable brand.

    Okay, I'm interested:-

    1) Who in the world makes a 9550 PCI-e card?
    2) Where can you buy one in NZ?

    Cheers.
    Daniel, Mar 23, 2006
  9. SNOman

    RJ Guest

    In article <4422509d$>, says...
    > SchoolTech wrote:
    > > Daniel wrote:
    > >

    > >> I assume you're using an AGP motherboard?
    > >>
    > >> Anyway, 9550 will be good enough - but, you should mention the system
    > >> specs as well.

    > > You can get those on PCI Express and PCI as well (maybe I;m thinking
    > > 9250 for the PCI)
    > >
    > > Powercolor is a reliable brand.

    > Okay, I'm interested:-
    >
    > 1) Who in the world makes a 9550 PCI-e card?
    > 2) Where can you buy one in NZ?

    True they are AGP series I'm thinking something else
    RJ, Mar 23, 2006
  10. SNOman

    Alan Guest

    Just so you know, your client is posting with a date that is four
    years old.

    Many people won't see your posts at all I suspect.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb
    Alan, Mar 23, 2006
  11. SNOman

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > Just so you know, your client is posting with a date that is four
    > years old.
    >
    > Many people won't see your posts at all I suspect.

    Who you talking to? You haven't even quoted the article you are
    referring to!
    -=rjh=-, Mar 24, 2006