    play oblivion. I'm on xp with a MS-7015 mobo.

    --
    Cheers Paulos

    Paulos, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Paulos

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Uf_Wf.296772$,
    Paulos spewed forth:
    > How can I find out what the best graphics card my pc will take? I've
    > got a Nvidia GeForce FX5200 256Mb agpx8 at the moment and I want to
    > upgrade to play oblivion. I'm on xp with a MS-7015 mobo.

    Start with the manual:

    <http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/Uploads/%7Bad2f947d-808d-4de8-9a11-3bfe34543fd2%7D/7015v1.0_standard.pdf>

    It says it handles AGP 8X. Any AGP 8X (or 4X) card will work. Just go
    shopping. It's a matter of how much you want to spend.

    There are people who prefer one brand over another, one chipset over
    another, so you might find a newsgroup or forum that really knows Oblivion.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Paulos

    Paulos Guest

    Start with the manual:

    > <http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/Uploads/%7Bad2f947d-808d-4de8-9a11-3bfe34543fd2%7D/7015v1.0_standard.pdf>
    >
    > It says it handles AGP 8X. Any AGP 8X (or 4X) card will work. Just go
    > shopping. It's a matter of how much you want to spend.
    >
    > There are people who prefer one brand over another, one chipset over
    > another, so you might find a newsgroup or forum that really knows
    > Oblivion.
    >
    > --
    > My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    > God and I didn't.

    Thank for the reply Toolman Tim, I tried your link, but all I get is a 'page
    cannot be displayed' error : (

    You say any AGP 8X, does that mean I could get a top end one (7800 series)?
    WOW....COOL.....my pc might actually be worth saving yet!

    Cheers Paulos

    Paulos, Mar 31, 2006
  4. Paulos

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:U04Xf.297919$,
    Paulos spewed forth:
    > Start with the manual:
    >>
    >> <http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/Uploads/%7Bad2f947d-808d-4de8-9a11-3bfe34543fd2%7D/7015v1.0_standard.pdf>
    >>
    >> It says it handles AGP 8X. Any AGP 8X (or 4X) card will work. Just go
    >> shopping. It's a matter of how much you want to spend.
    >>
    >> There are people who prefer one brand over another, one chipset over
    >> another, so you might find a newsgroup or forum that really knows
    >> Oblivion.
    >>
    >> --
    >> My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she
    >> was God and I didn't.

    > Thank for the reply Toolman Tim, I tried your link, but all I get is
    > a 'page cannot be displayed' error : (
    >
    > You say any AGP 8X, does that mean I could get a top end one (7800
    > series)? WOW....COOL.....my pc might actually be worth saving yet!
    >
    > Cheers Paulos

    Sure - yeah, the motherboard specs say AGP 8x, so you should be fine with a
    high-end card.

    I saved a copy of that manual to my local computer, so if you want I can
    email it to you. Email me at tim_n_puppies at yahoo dot com (I'm sure you
    know how to make that into a valid email address) with "motherboard manual"
    as the subject line (so I'll see it and not just trash-bin it <g>).

    Toolman Tim, Mar 31, 2006
  5. Paulos

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:JTfXf.9463$,
    beenthere spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:U04Xf.297919$,
    >> Paulos spewed forth:
    >>> Start with the manual:

    >>> Thank for the reply Toolman Tim, I tried your link, but all I get is
    >>> a 'page cannot be displayed' error : (
    >>>
    >>> You say any AGP 8X, does that mean I could get a top end one (7800
    >>> series)? WOW....COOL.....my pc might actually be worth saving yet!
    >>>
    >>> Cheers Paulos

    >> Sure - yeah, the motherboard specs say AGP 8x, so you should be fine
    >> with a high-end card.
    >>

    > Snipped some
    >>

    > Time for your new sig Tim
    >>
    >> My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she
    >> was God and I knew she wasn`t, `cos I am. <G>.

    LOL! I'm not sure all the other Gods in Usenet would agree :)

    Toolman Tim, Mar 31, 2006
  6. Paulos

    beenthere Guest

    > In news:U04Xf.297919$,
    > Paulos spewed forth:
    >> Start with the manual:
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/Uploads/%7Bad2f947d-808d-4de8-9a11-3bfe34543fd2%7D/7015v1.0_standard.pdf>
    >>>
    >>> It says it handles AGP 8X. Any AGP 8X (or 4X) card will work. Just go
    >>> shopping. It's a matter of how much you want to spend.
    >>>
    >>> There are people who prefer one brand over another, one chipset over
    >>> another, so you might find a newsgroup or forum that really knows
    >>> Oblivion.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she
    >>> was God and I didn't.

    >> Thank for the reply Toolman Tim, I tried your link, but all I get is
    >> a 'page cannot be displayed' error : (
    >>
    >> You say any AGP 8X, does that mean I could get a top end one (7800
    >> series)? WOW....COOL.....my pc might actually be worth saving yet!
    >>
    >> Cheers Paulos

    > Sure - yeah, the motherboard specs say AGP 8x, so you should be fine with
    > a high-end card.

    Snipped some

    Time for your new sig Tim

    beenthere, Mar 31, 2006
  7. Paulos

    beenthere Guest

    > In news:JTfXf.9463$,
    > beenthere spewed forth:
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> In news:U04Xf.297919$,
    >>> Paulos spewed forth:

    >>> Sure - yeah, the motherboard specs say AGP 8x, so you should be fine
    >>> with a high-end card.
    >>>

    >> Snipped some
    >>>

    >> Time for your new sig Tim
    >>>
    >>> My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she
    >>> was God and I knew she wasn`t, `cos I am. <G>.

    > LOL! I'm not sure all the other Gods in Usenet would agree :)

    Some of them Think they are. We Know we are <G>.
    Oh sh*t TINW. nite nite.

    beenthere, Mar 31, 2006