    I dont have an unlimited budget but want to see an improvement in
    performance
    Thanks

    SteveO, Dec 2, 2005

  2. SteveO

    The One Guest

    "SteveO" <> wrote in message
    news:dmq4nr$e21$-infra.bt.com...
    > my machine has a Nvidia geforce 5200FX. I play some online games - at the
    > moment cod2- and get an fps of only about 28
    > I have just upgraded my motherboard to accept 8x AGP cards and wonder if
    > anyon can give me some advice on which card to buy next.
    > I dont have an unlimited budget but want to see an improvement in
    > performance
    > Thanks

    I had an 5200 and upgraded to a 6600gt which greatly improved performance.
    Maybe look at some online stores and see what meets your budget.

    The One, Dec 2, 2005

  3. SteveO

    nos1eep Guest

    On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:45:15 +0000 (UTC), "SteveO" <>
    chewed somnambulantly over a chucker-full cup of spasm and bleated:

    <my machine has a Nvidia geforce 5200FX. I play some online games - at
    the
    <moment cod2- and get an fps of only about 28
    <I have just upgraded my motherboard to accept 8x AGP cards and wonder
    if
    <anyon can give me some advice on which card to buy next.
    <I dont have an unlimited budget but want to see an improvement in
    <performance
    <Thanks
    Your graphics performance is tied to your processing performance
    (DirectX). If you have a low end cpu, you will always get low end
    graphics, no matter what card you buy. The minimum for a processor for
    todays games is around 3 ghz.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Dec 2, 2005