    should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
    help, links etc.. much appreciated

    Andi
    Andi, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Andi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Andi" <> wrote in message
    news:xXREe.25106$...
    > I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing
    > a new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting
    > on this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card
    > I should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
    > help, links etc.. much appreciated

    What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?
    Toolman Tim, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Andi

    old jon Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Andi" <> wrote in message
    >> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting
    >> playing a new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low
    >> setting on this game with my current card so I wanted to know which
    >> graphics card I should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus
    >> type is AGP. Any help, links etc.. much appreciated
    >>

    > What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?

    Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.

    old jon, Jul 24, 2005
  4. Andi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Andi" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting
    >>> playing a new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low
    >>> setting on this game with my current card so I wanted to know which
    >>> graphics card I should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus
    >>> type is AGP. Any help, links etc.. much appreciated
    >>>

    >> What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?
    >>

    > Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.

    LOL! That's what I'm afraid of ;o)
    Toolman Tim, Jul 24, 2005
  5. Andi

    richard Guest

    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Andi" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?
    >>>

    >> Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.
    >>>

    > LOL! That's what I'm afraid of ;o)

    C'mon guys, the bloke was just asking for help. If you can't be constructive
    why
    not just ignore the post.
    richard, Jul 24, 2005
  6. Andi

    Will Guest

    Andi wrote:
    > I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing a
    > new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting on
    > this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card I
    > should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
    > help, links etc.. much appreciated
    >
    > Andi

    Both ATI and Nvidia have some decent high end cards. I hear a lot of
    people saying they are having problems playing BF2. a good site with
    reviews is www.anandtech.com they also have a forum where people will
    help, but this question came up so much all you have to do is look.
    Will, Jul 24, 2005
  7. Andi

    FML Guest

    Andi wrote:
    > I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing a
    > new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting on
    > this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card I
    > should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
    > help, links etc.. much appreciated
    >
    > Andi

    What is your budget?
    FML, Jul 24, 2005
  8. Andi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.
    >>>>

    >> LOL! That's what I'm afraid of ;o)
    >>

    > C'mon guys, the bloke was just asking for help. If you can't be
    > constructive why
    > not just ignore the post.

    I did provide a constructive reply to the poster. Why the h*** should you be
    harassing us for having a bit of fun? If you can't be friendly, FOAD.
    Toolman Tim, Jul 24, 2005
  9. Andi

    billybronco Guest

    a geforce 7800gt will be good.

    billybronco, Jul 24, 2005
  10. Andi

    Pat Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:26:21 GMT, "Andi" <> wrote:

    >I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing a
    >new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting on
    >this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card I
    >should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
    >help, links etc.. much appreciated
    >
    >Andi

    From cruising the video newgroups, it looks like the 6600GT will fix you up.
    It is an 8x AGP card but will work in a 4X AGP slot. If you're using a 5600
    card you have at least a 4X slot. I suggest taking a look in the Nvidia
    group(s), they may have other suggestions.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Jul 25, 2005
  11. Andi

    richard Guest

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "old jon" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL! That's what I'm afraid of ;o)
    >>>

    >> C'mon guys, the bloke was just asking for help. If you can't be
    >> constructive why
    >> not just ignore the post.

    > I did provide a constructive reply to the poster. Why the h*** should you
    > be harassing us for having a bit of fun? If you can't be friendly, FOAD.

    Yeah it was constructive, then you spoiled it all by poking fun at the guy.

    Now you come up with FOAD, a real gem. Got any more?
    richard, Jul 25, 2005
  12. Andi

    old jon Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> C'mon guys, the bloke was just asking for help. If you can't be
    >>> constructive why
    >>> not just ignore the post.

    >> I did provide a constructive reply to the poster. Why the h*** should you
    >> be harassing us for having a bit of fun? If you can't be friendly, FOAD.
    >>

    > Yeah it was constructive, then you spoiled it all by poking fun at the
    > guy.
    >
    > Now you come up with FOAD, a real gem. Got any more?

    Don`t take life too seriously Rich. The bit of fun was purely, because, as
    usual, we now know, that the OP has got an AGP graphics card in Some sort of
    computer.
    When people post we (most of us !) try to help, `cos we enjoy helping.
    Some people tho`, forget to give enough INFO, so that you can help. See what
    I mean ?.
    Best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 25, 2005
  13. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Wow didn't know one simple question would cause so much hassle...... Richard
    as for them poking fun I'm sure they didn't really mean any harm in taking
    the p***, obviously just a little joke between them two as they must see a
    lot of people not leaving enough information but wanting help. No offence
    taken by the way. A response to the little joke on my behalf, you weren't
    born with the information of graphics cards, you once asked about, read
    about or were told about them so I like you now know that when asking about
    graphics cards I also need to let you know the speed of the AGP. You won't
    learn everything there is to know about PC's in a day!!!!

    Thanks for the reply old jon. Where it says AGP Info I have 8x ticked.
    Anymore info needed?

    Andi

    Andi, Jul 25, 2005
  14. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Thanks Richard. I don't mind them having a little joke at 'us noobs' on PCs
    as its harmless fun. I'm sure its happened to them before as we don't all
    know everything and have to ask for help every now and then. If they would
    have been offensive then guess it would have been a different matter.

    Thanks

    Andi

    Andi, Jul 25, 2005
  15. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Hmmm £100 - £200

    Andi, Jul 25, 2005
  16. Andi

    richard Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> I did provide a constructive reply to the poster. Why the h*** should
    >>> you be harassing us for having a bit of fun? If you can't be friendly,
    >>> FOAD.
    >>>

    >> Yeah it was constructive, then you spoiled it all by poking fun at the
    >> guy.
    >>
    >> Now you come up with FOAD, a real gem. Got any more?
    >>

    > Don`t take life too seriously Rich. The bit of fun was purely, because, as
    > usual, we now know, that the OP has got an AGP graphics card in Some sort
    > of computer.
    > When people post we (most of us !) try to help, `cos we enjoy helping.
    > Some people tho`, forget to give enough INFO, so that you can help. See
    > what I mean ?.
    > Best wishes..OJ

    I know NGs are made up of people who either know nowt, or know it all, and a
    large majority who
    fit somewhere in between. The trouble is if you belong to the first group,
    too little info is jumped upon, just as
    too much leads to an accusation of babbling.
    Apologies to those who genuinely try to help, I was just trying to stick up
    for the original poster..
    richard, Jul 25, 2005
  17. Andi

    richard Guest

    "Andi" <> wrote in message
    > Hmmm £100 - £200
    >

    > "FML" <> wrote in message
    >> Andi wrote:
    >>> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting
    >>> playing a new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low
    >>> setting on this game with my current card so I wanted to know which
    >>> graphics card I should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus
    >>> type is AGP. Any help, links etc.. much appreciated
    >>>
    >>> Andi

    >> What is your budget?

    I've just fitted a Geforce 6600, which runs Half Life 2 at 1280 x 1024 with
    no problems. Good luck, and by the way I bought mine on Ebay for £90.
    richard, Jul 25, 2005
  18. Andi

    old jon Guest

    "Andi" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Richard. I don't mind them having a little joke at 'us noobs' on
    > PCs as its harmless fun. I'm sure its happened to them before as we don't
    > all know everything and have to ask for help every now and then. If they
    > would have been offensive then guess it would have been a different
    > matter.

    Well done to you Andi. Taken in thr spirit with which it was meant. There`s
    a lot of good guys on here that will try to help. (We all started knowing
    sweet FA). Lotsa info to help solve a problem is obviously good tho`.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 25, 2005
  19. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Need to learn some more..... You can get 128 or 256 mb cards. Obviously 256
    is better but why? Does is process the graphics a lot quicker as its bigger
    or summin?

    Another noob question

    Andi

    Andi, Jul 25, 2005