Graphic smileys in news/mail

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Keith Bowes, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Keith Bowes

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Michel Christensen wrote:
    > Hi, I suffer from graphic smileys in news and mail (using Mozilla 1.5).
    > Anyway to remove this setting, so I'll see the characters instead?

    Yes, uncheck the box in your preferences.
    Keith Bowes, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Hi, I suffer from graphic smileys in news and mail (using Mozilla 1.5).
    Anyway to remove this setting, so I'll see the characters instead?

    thanks in advance

    --
    Michel Christensen
    www.loop-back.org
    Michel Christensen, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Keith Bowes

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Keith Bowes wrote:

    > Michel Christensen wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I suffer from graphic smileys in news and mail (using Mozilla 1.5).
    >>Anyway to remove this setting, so I'll see the characters instead?
    >>

    > Yes, uncheck the box in your preferences.

    Preferences - Mail & Newsgroups - Message Display - uncheck "display
    emoticons as graphics."

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Keith Bowes

    Tono Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Keith Bowes wrote:
    >

    >>Michel Christensen wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi, I suffer from graphic smileys in news and mail (using Mozilla 1.5).
    >>>Anyway to remove this setting, so I'll see the characters instead?
    >>>

    >>Yes, uncheck the box in your preferences.
    >>

    > Preferences - Mail & Newsgroups - Message Display - uncheck "display
    > emoticons as graphics."

    Those stupid things make a person think he accidently put AOL on his
    computer.

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 15, 2004