    If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

    Eddy
    long eddy, Jun 18, 2006

  2. long eddy

    Ben Brugman Guest

    "long eddy" <> schreef in bericht
    news:WHilg.3862$...
    > Using Dell PC
    > on
    > Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
    > ====================
    >
    > Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can
    > use
    > instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    > drawing shapes easier - with more control?

    Yes there is something called a pen tablet.
    Wacom is a producer of those.

    They make drawing, coloring etc. easier.

    http://www.wacom.com/tabletwizard/index.cfm

    There are other makes as well.

    Ben

    Ben Brugman, Jun 18, 2006

  3. long eddy

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "long eddy" <> wrote in message
    > Using Dell PC
    > on
    > Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
    > ====================
    >
    > Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can
    > use
    > instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    > drawing shapes easier - with more control?
    >
    > I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
    >
    > If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Eddy

    Wacom makes excellent products.
    Rudy Benner, Jun 18, 2006
  4. long eddy

    Prometheus Guest

    In article <WHilg.3862$>, long eddy
    <> writes
    >Using Dell PC
    >on
    >Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
    >====================
    >
    >Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
    >instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    >drawing shapes easier - with more control?
    >
    >I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
    >
    >If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    >Thank you.

    See
    <http://www.wacom-europe.com/int/products/intuos/tablets.asp?lang=en&pdx=
    31>

    I am using an earlier version, original under Win98se, now XP.

    N.B. They have other sizes.
    --
    Ian G8ILZ
    Prometheus, Jun 18, 2006
  5. long eddy

    Pepe Guest

    "long eddy" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Using Dell PC
    > on
    > Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
    > ====================
    >
    > Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can
    > use
    > instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    > drawing shapes easier - with more control?
    >
    > I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
    >
    > If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Eddy

    Lower prize same thing!
    http://www.acecad.com.tw/flair2504.html

    Pepe
    Pepe, Jun 19, 2006
  6. long eddy

    bmoag Guest

    The fact is NO.
    Even if you get an add-in USB card the USB drivers for Win98 will not
    support these devices.
    Win98 second edition might work.
    Better: get Windows Millenia.
    Better still: save the money from the tablet and get a new computer. You can
    get a box for $300 that is light years better than what you now have and has
    modern USB2 ports as well.
    bmoag, Jun 19, 2006
  7. long eddy

    J. Clarke Guest

    long eddy wrote:

    > Using Dell PC
    > on
    > Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
    > ====================
    >
    > Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can
    > use instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would
    > make drawing shapes easier - with more control?
    >
    > I'm not certain what this thing would be called.
    >
    > If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    > Thank you.

    It's called a "graphics tablet". Wacom is currently the major producer.
    Downside is that they don't support any version of Windows earlier than
    98SE with their USB products--if you have 98SE then you're set, otherwise
    you'll have to upgrade to that from 98 non-SE.

    Probably more than you can afford, but the 21" Cintiq is exceedingly nice,
    downside is that it needs XP or later.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate