    It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    JPM

    DemoDisk, Mar 26, 2006

  2. DemoDisk wrote:
    > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > I forgot it.
    >
    > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    Mogan David? Boones Farm? Can't hurt it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 26, 2006

  3. DemoDisk wrote:

    > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > I forgot it.
    >
    > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    What's to spoil? It was spoiled grape juice when it went in. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2006
  4. DemoDisk rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > I forgot it.
    >
    > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?
    >
    > JPM

    By affordable, do you mean some of the $2.99 a bottle stuff? If so, sure,
    drink up!
    If something more expensive, sure, drink up anyway!

    Or, switch to BEER!!11!!

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 26, 2006
  5. DemoDisk

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-26, DemoDisk <> wrote:

    > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > I forgot it.
    >
    > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?
    >
    > JPM

    You aren't tempted to use the microwave to warm it up a bit quicker?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 26, 2006
  6. DemoDisk

    DC Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-03-26, DemoDisk <> wrote:

    >> Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    >> chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    >> I forgot it.

    >> By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    >> It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    >> again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    >> JPM

    > You aren't tempted to use the microwave to warm it up a bit quicker?

    <snicker>

    --
    DC

    ((:)~{>

    DC, Mar 26, 2006
  7. DemoDisk

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:29:23 -0600, DemoDisk wrote:

    > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > I forgot it.
    >
    > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    It will taste as good as it did if not left to freeze you idiot.

    Meat Plow, Mar 26, 2006
  8. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > DemoDisk wrote:
    > > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > > I forgot it.
    > >
    > > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the

    neck.
    > > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's

    liquid
    > > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    > Mogan David? Boones Farm? Can't hurt it.

    "...the cork..." not "...the screw top..."

    Mad Dog? Boone's Farm? Tut-tut, now *really*!

    DemoDisk, Mar 26, 2006
  9. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote...

    > By affordable, do you mean some of the $2.99 a bottle stuff?

    ** Scoff ! Scoff ! ** It cost a whole THREE DOLLARS!

    > Or, switch to BEER!!11!!

    If I'd gone to the other store, I coulda gotten a 12-pack and saved 80¢,
    but then I have my standards. ; )

    JPM

    DemoDisk, Mar 26, 2006
  10. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Meat Plow" ...

    > It will taste as good as it did if not left to freeze you idiot.

    Thank you, Mister Plow.

    DemoDisk, Mar 26, 2006
  11. DemoDisk wrote:

    > "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote...
    >
    >> By affordable, do you mean some of the $2.99 a bottle stuff?

    > ** Scoff ! Scoff ! ** It cost a whole THREE DOLLARS!
    >
    >> Or, switch to BEER!!11!!

    > If I'd gone to the other store, I coulda gotten a 12-pack and saved 80¢,
    > but then I have my standards. ; )
    >
    > JPM

    So do I, low as they may be... :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language, but no one will speak it

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 26, 2006
  12. DemoDisk

    Plato Guest

    DemoDisk wrote:

    > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > I forgot it.
    >
    > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    It wont kill you. Tho it may taste really bad.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 26, 2006
  13. Plato wrote:
    > DemoDisk wrote:
    >
    >>Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    >>chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    >>I forgot it.
    >>
    >>By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    >>It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    >>again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    > It wont kill you. Tho it may taste really bad.

    That's my standard too. What doesn't kill you, may taste really bad.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 27, 2006
  14. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    UPDATE Re: Grapes of wrath

    "DemoDisk" <> wrote in message

    > Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > I forgot it.
    >
    > By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the

    neck.
    > It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?
    >
    > JPM

    After reading the many posts concerning my bottle of wine, I found your
    concern truly touching, particularly the part about putting the wine
    into the microwave.

    The cabernet went back into the fridge and I regretted not getting the
    twelve-pack from the drugstore, as I could have resolved my dilemma by
    just opening a different can of beer. Alas, when I checked my
    wine-cellar I discovered I didn't have a damn wine-cellar. So, with
    only one bottle of wine and no other options, I took a chance and
    decided -- on a Saturday night -- to remain sober. It's quite the
    experience.

    It doesn't taste very good, but I don't think it's supposed to. And it
    hasn't killed me,either; in fact, I feel oddly stronger. Ready for that
    twelve pack, maybe.

    JPM

    DemoDisk, Mar 27, 2006
  15. DemoDisk

    FML Guest

    Re: UPDATE Re: Grapes of wrath

    DemoDisk wrote:
    > The cabernet went back into the fridge...
    >
    > It doesn't taste very good, but I don't think it's supposed to.

    Cabernet is really not meant to be chilled. It probably wouldn't have
    tasted very good had you just put it in the fridge. Next bottle, try it
    at room temperature with a good steak.

    FML, Mar 27, 2006
  16. DemoDisk

    Meat Plow Guest

    Re: UPDATE Re: Grapes of wrath

    On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:27:45 -0600, FML wrote:

    > DemoDisk wrote:
    >> The cabernet went back into the fridge...
    >>
    >> It doesn't taste very good, but I don't think it's supposed to.

    > Cabernet is really not meant to be chilled. It probably wouldn't have
    > tasted very good had you just put it in the fridge. Next bottle, try it
    > at room temperature with a good steak.

    Try a decent Merlot. Cabernet is too dry unless you want use it as a
    substitute for vinegar on your salad.

    Meat Plow, Mar 27, 2006
  17. DemoDisk

    Plato Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > >>Placed a bottle of affordable wine in the freezer thinking it would
    > >>chill faster, as long as I didn't forget it.
    > >>I forgot it.
    > >>
    > >>By the time I remembered it, the cork had begun pushing out of the neck.
    > >>It's been warming to room temp for about 15 minutes. Once it's liquid
    > >>again, is it just as good (or bad) as before?

    > > It wont kill you. Tho it may taste really bad.

    > That's my standard too. What doesn't kill you, may taste really bad.

    Sometimes I put cans/bottles of beer in the freezer to chill quickly.
    Most often, I forget about them until they are half frozen. Tastes like
    crap, but it's still beer.

    Plato, Mar 27, 2006
  18. DemoDisk

    moses Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    neck.

    > > > It wont kill you. Tho it may taste really bad.

    > > That's my standard too. What doesn't kill you, may taste really bad.

    > Sometimes I put cans/bottles of beer in the freezer to chill quickly.
    > Most often, I forget about them until they are half frozen. Tastes like
    > crap, but it's still beer.

    Plato:
    You sound like good 'ol boy.
    I remember when I was in the Navy just after WW2.
    We would take a CO2 bottle, the kind used aboard ships,
    as tall as I was and about a foot across, put it in a locker,
    seal all the holes up but one small one at the top, pack
    several cases of beer around it, set it off and close the door.
    Did not last long but it cooled the beer (Blatz at a nickel a can,
    the officers and NCO club got the good stuff)
    a bit, made it somewhat lower temp than the Guam
    weather. We just stupid kids but we had a few colder beers
    more than the others. Even if it were Blatz it tasted good to us.

    moses, Mar 28, 2006