    responds to Microsoft" urban legend as fact in Saturday's motoring section.
    Expect tomorrow's front page headline to read "Doberman Found Choking on
    Burglar's Hand" :)
    dOTdASH, Jul 29, 2003

  2. dOTdASH

    RK Guest

    "dOTdASH" <> wrote in message
    news:n6CVa.96539$...
    > I see GH have apologised in todays edition for printing the "General

    Motors
    > responds to Microsoft" urban legend as fact in Saturday's motoring

    section.
    > Expect tomorrow's front page headline to read "Doberman Found Choking on
    > Burglar's Hand" :)

    lol! What idiot journalist thought that was real?
    RK, Jul 29, 2003

  3. dOTdASH

    dOTdASH Guest

    "RK" <> wrote in message

    > "dOTdASH" <> wrote in message
    > > I see GH have apologised in todays edition for printing the "General

    > Motors
    > > responds to Microsoft" urban legend as fact in Saturday's motoring

    > section.
    > > Expect tomorrow's front page headline to read "Doberman Found Choking on
    > > Burglar's Hand" :)
    > >

    > lol! What idiot journalist thought that was real?

    the motoring writer
    dOTdASH, Jul 29, 2003
  4. dOTdASH

    Steve Guest

    dOTdASH allegedly said:

    >> lol! What idiot journalist thought that was real?

    > the motoring writer

    ......no un-kind comments posted here........(lip bleeding).

    --
    Steve

    motoring writer = oxymoron??
    Steve, Jul 30, 2003
  5. dOTdASH

    lily Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > dOTdASH allegedly said:
    >
    > >> lol! What idiot journalist thought that was real?

    > > the motoring writer

    > .....no un-kind comments posted here........(lip bleeding).
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    >
    > motoring writer = oxymoron??

    Perhaps in Canada
    You have obviously never read any of the work of LJK Setright and Richard
    Hough
    lily, Jul 30, 2003
  6. dOTdASH

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:02:55 +1200, RK wrote:

    > "dOTdASH" <> wrote in message
    >> I see GH have apologised in todays edition for printing the "General

    > Motors
    >> responds to Microsoft" urban legend as fact in Saturday's motoring

    > section.
    >> Expect tomorrow's front page headline to read "Doberman Found Choking on
    >> Burglar's Hand" :)
    >>

    > lol! What idiot journalist thought that was real?

    But the accounts and indeed the share holders.
    Gordon, Jul 30, 2003
  7. dOTdASH

    Jason M Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:58:23 +1200, "dOTdASH"
    <> wrote:

    >I see GH have apologised in todays edition for printing the "General Motors
    >responds to Microsoft" urban legend as fact in Saturday's motoring section.

    I cannot see any trace in their online archives or headlines since
    last Saturday of either the original article or the apology.
    Does anyone have a reference to either? Or is it just a case of
    embarrassing articles being removed from the archives?
    Jason M, Jul 30, 2003
  8. dOTdASH

    dOTdASH Guest

    "Jason M" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:58:23 +1200, "dOTdASH"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I see GH have apologised in todays edition for printing the "General

    Motors
    > >responds to Microsoft" urban legend as fact in Saturday's motoring

    section.

    > I cannot see any trace in their online archives or headlines since
    > last Saturday of either the original article or the apology.
    > Does anyone have a reference to either? Or is it just a case of
    > embarrassing articles being removed from the archives?

    the latter
    dOTdASH, Jul 30, 2003
  9. If that is true, one must ask why the Herald has not published retractions
    to other articles online, or remove them from the archive. I know of one
    such article for which a retraction was printed, but this has not been
    indicated alongside the original article on the site.

    Not acceptable IMO.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jul 31, 2003
  10. dOTdASH

    Luthien Guest

    Jason M wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:58:23 +1200, "dOTdASH"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I see GH have apologised in todays edition for printing the "General Motors
    >>responds to Microsoft" urban legend as fact in Saturday's motoring section.

    > I cannot see any trace in their online archives or headlines since
    > last Saturday of either the original article or the apology.
    > Does anyone have a reference to either? Or is it just a case of
    > embarrassing articles being removed from the archives?

    Maybe it is an urban legend;)
    Luthien, Jul 31, 2003