    one day work for them and that Grandstream as seriously taken to task
    over their deplorable product.
    CameraFish.

    CameraFish, Jun 8, 2006

  2. CameraFish

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "CameraFish" <> wrote in message
    news:

    [rant snipped]

    Strange, I know several people (one of whom works for a major VoIP
    provider) who use GXP2000's with no problems at all. Is it possible you've
    made a configuration error or two..?

    Personally, I prefer ATA's with FXS ports as I can plumb them into
    exchange line ports on my PBX but horses for courses.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 9, 2006

  3. CameraFish

    CameraFish Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "CameraFish" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [rant snipped]
    >
    > Strange, I know several people (one of whom works for a major VoIP
    > provider) who use GXP2000's with no problems at all. Is it possible you've
    > made a configuration error or two..?
    >
    > Personally, I prefer ATA's with FXS ports as I can plumb them into
    > exchange line ports on my PBX but horses for courses.
    >
    > Ivor

    Hi Ivor,
    I think you missed the point by a mile.
    Regards,
    CameraFish

    CameraFish, Jun 9, 2006
  4. CameraFish

    C:\Marko Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    > I'm not a techno geek, but when I see a product advertised as Plug and
    > Play it does give me some encouragement to go forward. I thought
    > Internet telephony would be the ideal solution for my business. Well I
    > purchased a G S 2000, a total load of crap, my PC would not link up to
    > the phone, Grandsteam were insolent in there replies to my questions,
    > and I suspected they knew they had a serious product problem. Well I
    > binned the old G S and brought a new one from a company that promised
    > that the phone would be configured to my SIP account, well if these
    > guys are going to configure the phone it's got to be working on
    > arrival. Dead as a dammed doornail. I've seen a piece of wet lettuce
    > with more life in it than this stupid phone has. I have now read to
    > many complaints to think any different, they are a total bag of CRAP.
    > I hope this posting will save someone the time, heartache and trouble
    > in kicking this piece of hardware around in the vain hope that it may
    > one day work for them and that Grandstream as seriously taken to task
    > over their deplorable product.
    > CameraFish.

    I have been using GXP 2000 for about one year and I'm very satisfied
    with it. It's best buy VoIP phone for sure

    Marko

    C:\Marko, Jun 9, 2006
  5. CameraFish

    Cap Guest

    CameraFish wrote:
    > [original rant snipped]

    CF,
    I know what you mean - SIP for the average joe isn't here yet, unless
    you go with one of the major carriers (Vonage, USA Datanet, AT&T,
    various CATV providers, etc.). Of course, you're locked into their
    limited endpoint offerings (typically an analog only IAD). I've been
    evaluating a few SIP phones, and *none* of them are PnP. The irony is
    that the buzz tells us otherwise; VoIP is the next big thing, it's
    platform independent, etc. (about 80% true; it depends on what
    hardware/software you happen to get). Maybe in another 5 years...

    Cap, Jun 9, 2006
  6. "Cap" <> wrote in message

    > CameraFish wrote:
    > > [original rant snipped]

    > CF,
    > I know what you mean - SIP for the average joe isn't here yet, unless
    > you go with one of the major carriers (Vonage, USA Datanet, AT&T,
    > various CATV providers, etc.). Of course, you're locked into their
    > limited endpoint offerings (typically an analog only IAD). I've been
    > evaluating a few SIP phones, and *none* of them are PnP. The irony is
    > that the buzz tells us otherwise; VoIP is the next big thing, it's
    > platform independent, etc. (about 80% true; it depends on what
    > hardware/software you happen to get). Maybe in another 5 years...

    It can be plug and play if you have a decent service provider. For example,
    my first provider sent an SPA-1000 to me fully configured. You can't get
    much easier than plugging in a LAN cable and plugging in an analog phone.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jun 10, 2006
  7. CameraFish

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "CameraFish" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Hi Ivor,
    > I think you missed the point by a mile.
    > Regards,
    > CameraFish

    So enlighten me. All I saw was a rant about a particular piece of
    equipment that, while I have no personal knowledge of it, has worked fine
    for several people I know who do use it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 10, 2006