    the right files on Windows?

    Thanks,
    Tom
    Tom, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Tom

    Mike Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think Grandstream have a tool to create custom ring tones for this IP
    > phone, but it is only available for Unix. Does someone know a tool to create
    > the right files on Windows?

    Yes, a linux install disk should do the trick ;-)
    Mike, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Tom

    Paul D.Smith Guest

    Perhaps someone from Grandstream will read this, and other threads, and
    realise that having proprietry formats for config files is just silly. A
    text config file and support for simple PCM format WAV file is surely not
    that hard.

    Paul DS.
    Paul D.Smith, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Tom

    7 Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > Tom wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I think Grandstream have a tool to create custom ring tones for this IP
    >> phone, but it is only available for Unix. Does someone know a tool to
    >> create the right files on Windows?

    > Yes, a linux install disk should do the trick ;-)

    Or a liveCD that doesn't require installation...
    http://www.liveCDlist.com/
    some 300 in that list..
    7, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    OK, i have used a Live Linux CD to convert some Wav files to .ring files.
    Now, I have no idea how to upload the ring files to the phone...

    Help!

    Tom

    Tom, Aug 10, 2005