    Thanks,

    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 8, 2006

  2. Nick B.

    paul123 Guest

    Nick B. wrote:
    > Can anybody tell my how many SIP accounts/numbers the granstream 386 ATA
    > and BudgetTone 101 SIP phone support?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Nick B.

    The 386 ATA can have 2 accounts/lines configured and the 101's a 1
    account phone.
    paul123, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Nick B.

    Nick B. Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    > Nick B. wrote:
    >> Can anybody tell my how many SIP accounts/numbers the granstream 386 ATA
    >> and BudgetTone 101 SIP phone support?

    > The 386 ATA can have 2 accounts/lines configured and the 101's a 1
    > account phone.

    Looks like I need to look at others then although I've currently testing
    2 providers via softphone, but might need more. I had ordered a Sipura
    3000 from Inmac, despite advertising 4 days delivery, this turned into
    an indefinate delay so I cancelled.

    Any recommended supplier who might have one in stock? I'm currently
    looking at broadbandstuff.co.uk

    Thanks,
    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 8, 2006
  4. Nick B.

    Jono Guest

    Nick B. pretended :
    > I had ordered a Sipura 3000
    > from Inmac, despite advertising 4 days delivery, this turned into an
    > indefinate delay so I cancelled.
    >
    > Any recommended supplier who might have one in stock?

    Picked one up from Provu yesterday. They had a delivery yesterday.
    Jono, Mar 8, 2006
  5. Nick B.

    Nick B. Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Nick B. pretended :
    >> I had ordered a Sipura 3000 from Inmac, despite advertising 4 days
    >> delivery, this turned into an indefinate delay so I cancelled.
    >>
    >> Any recommended supplier who might have one in stock?
    >>

    > Picked one up from Provu yesterday. They had a delivery yesterday.

    Is this the Linksys branded one? I'll try a few places and see who else
    has one in stock as Provu seems rather expensive (unless they are
    offering accs that others are charging extra for?).

    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 8, 2006
  6. Nick B.

    Jono Guest

    Nick B. brought next idea :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Nick B. pretended :
    >>> I had ordered a Sipura 3000 from Inmac, despite advertising 4 days
    >>> delivery, this turned into an indefinate delay so I cancelled.
    >>>
    >>> Any recommended supplier who might have one in stock?
    >>>

    >> Picked one up from Provu yesterday. They had a delivery yesterday.

    > Is this the Linksys branded one? I'll try a few places and see who else has
    > one in stock as Provu seems rather expensive (unless they are offering accs
    > that others are charging extra for?).

    No, it's an original Sipura style case. Good luck in your search.

    £80 odd quid isn't too bad, to say they have them in stock.

    What accessories might you expect? You get everything you need (leads &
    converters) except a phone, an internet connection & a phone line.
    Jono, Mar 8, 2006
  7. Nick B.

    Nick B. Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Nick B. brought next idea :
    >> Jono wrote:
    >>> Nick B. pretended :

    >>> Picked one up from Provu yesterday. They had a delivery yesterday.

    >> Is this the Linksys branded one? I'll try a few places and see who
    >> else has one in stock as Provu seems rather expensive (unless they are
    >> offering accs that others are charging extra for?).

    > No, it's an original Sipura style case. Good luck in your search.
    >
    > £80 odd quid isn't too bad, to say they have them in stock.
    >
    > What accessories might you expect? You get everything you need (leads &
    > converters) except a phone, an internet connection & a phone line.

    That sounds good, it was the converters for BT phone + line plus a UK
    mains adaptor I was uncertain about. I already have the internet
    connection, phone line and SIP account :) I'll give them a call tomorrow.

    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 8, 2006
  8. Nick B.

    Guest

    On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:26:02 GMT, "Jono"
    <> wrote:

    >£80 odd quid isn't too bad, to say they have them in stock.

    Having just got my hands on two PAP2's for 20.00 more than one Sipura
    2000 cost me from Provu.I reckon the Sipura range are over priced and
    IMO the PAP2 is a better product although I do not know why Linksys
    bothered to include a so called quick start guide . It was a good job
    I did have the knowledge of the Sipura set up or I would have been
    pissing about with the PAP for ever and a day , God help anyone new to
    voip that buys a PAP2 .
    , Mar 8, 2006
  9. Nick B.

    Guest

    On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:29:04 +0000, "Nick B." <>
    wrote:

    >That sounds good, it was the converters for BT phone + line plus a UK
    >mains adaptor I was uncertain about. I already have the internet
    >connection, phone line and SIP account :) I'll give them a call tomorrow.

    Why not go to Maplins and buy a phone cord complete with the right
    connecters , I can't be doing with the converters I must have about
    eight or nine in a cupboard at the moment .
    , Mar 8, 2006
  10. Nick B.

    Nick B. Guest

    wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:29:04 +0000, "Nick B." <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> That sounds good, it was the converters for BT phone + line plus a UK
    >> mains adaptor I was uncertain about. I already have the internet
    >> connection, phone line and SIP account :) I'll give them a call tomorrow.

    > Why not go to Maplins and buy a phone cord complete with the right
    > connecters , I can't be doing with the converters I must have about
    > eight or nine in a cupboard at the moment .

    Good idea! Either that or I've got enough parts and tools to make some.

    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 9, 2006
  11. Nick B.

    Nick B. Guest

    wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:26:02 GMT, "Jono"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> £80 odd quid isn't too bad, to say they have them in stock.

    > Having just got my hands on two PAP2's for 20.00 more than one Sipura
    > 2000 cost me from Provu.I reckon the Sipura range are over priced and
    > IMO the PAP2 is a better product although I do not know why Linksys
    > bothered to include a so called quick start guide . It was a good job
    > I did have the knowledge of the Sipura set up or I would have been
    > pissing about with the PAP for ever and a day , God help anyone new to
    > voip that buys a PAP2 .

    I take it that they're not all that simple to set up then? I notice
    someone has slated the Linksys SPA3000 in broadbandstuffs website:
    http://tinyurl.com/jpg84

    These devices sound like something that need constant re-configuring,
    they're obviously not something you can fit and forget?

    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 9, 2006
  12. Nick B.

    Jono Guest

    Nick B. has brought this to us :
    > wrote:
    >> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:26:02 GMT, "Jono"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> £80 odd quid isn't too bad, to say they have them in stock.

    >> Having just got my hands on two PAP2's for 20.00 more than one Sipura
    >> 2000 cost me from Provu.I reckon the Sipura range are over priced and
    >> IMO the PAP2 is a better product although I do not know why Linksys
    >> bothered to include a so called quick start guide . It was a good job
    >> I did have the knowledge of the Sipura set up or I would have been
    >> pissing about with the PAP for ever and a day , God help anyone new to
    >> voip that buys a PAP2 .

    > I take it that they're not all that simple to set up then? I notice someone
    > has slated the Linksys SPA3000 in broadbandstuffs website:
    > http://tinyurl.com/jpg84
    >
    > These devices sound like something that need constant re-configuring, they're
    > obviously not something you can fit and forget?

    I've got two in constant use. Occasionally reboot them (once a month at
    most) otherwise, they're forgotten about.

    Both are connected to an asterisk server & provide an interface to the
    PSTN & GSM networks.
    Jono, Mar 9, 2006
  13. Nick B.

    Nick B. Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Nick B. has brought this to us :

    <snip>
    >> I take it that they're not all that simple to set up then? I notice
    >> someone has slated the Linksys SPA3000 in broadbandstuffs website:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/jpg84
    >>
    >> These devices sound like something that need constant re-configuring,
    >> they're obviously not something you can fit and forget?

    > I've got two in constant use. Occasionally reboot them (once a month at
    > most) otherwise, they're forgotten about.

    I've ordered the (Linksys)SPA3000 from Broadbandstuff, so if Citylink
    are on the ball it should be here tomorrow. No doubt I'll be back here
    with some more questions about it. Are there any config settings out
    there for sip providers?

    > Both are connected to an asterisk server & provide an interface to the
    > PSTN & GSM networks.

    Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
    compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
    longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my WRT54G.

    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 9, 2006
  14. Nick B.

    Jono Guest

    Nick B. pretended :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Nick B. has brought this to us :

    > <snip>

    > I've ordered the (Linksys)SPA3000 from Broadbandstuff, so if Citylink are on
    > the ball it should be here tomorrow. No doubt I'll be back here with some
    > more questions about it. Are there any config settings out there for sip
    > providers?
    >
    >> Both are connected to an asterisk server & provide an interface to the PSTN
    >> & GSM networks.

    > Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to compile
    > but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a longer term
    > project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my WRT54G.

    I've got the same router with the DD-WRT firmware re-flash.

    Most of the (decent) voip companies have specific settings on their
    sites for the spa products, however, with the spa3000 you may want to
    have a look around the forums at voxilla.com.
    Jono, Mar 9, 2006
  15. Nick B. wrote:

    > Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
    > compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
    > longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my WRT54G.

    Will you be using a line card? With most configurations I don't think
    you need zaptel unless you are.
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 10, 2006
  16. Nick B.

    Nick B. Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Nick B. wrote:
    >

    >> Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
    >> compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
    >> longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my
    >> WRT54G.
    >>

    > Will you be using a line card? With most configurations I don't think
    > you need zaptel unless you are.

    No not at this stage although maybe I misunderstood that Zaptel was
    required for conferencing facilities?

    --
    Nick B.
    Nick B., Mar 11, 2006
  17. Nick B. wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> Nick B. wrote:
    >>

    >>> Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
    >>> compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
    >>> longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my
    >>> WRT54G.
    >>>

    >> Will you be using a line card? With most configurations I don't think
    >> you need zaptel unless you are.

    > No not at this stage although maybe I misunderstood that Zaptel was
    > required for conferencing facilities?

    IIRC you need to at least load the dummy module for MeetMe, this may
    have changed in recent versions.
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 11, 2006