    HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Roger Vanderheijden
    Roger Vanderheyden, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Roger Vanderheyden

    Nick Guest

    "Roger Vanderheyden" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working

    fine,
    > but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
    > several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers

    in
    > different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
    > handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon

    ((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/Technische_Detai
    ls.html)
    > can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
    > are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when

    the
    > SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
    > secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one

    service
    > went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
    > owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding

    this
    > feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature

    ofcourse
    > :). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the

    Grandstream

    We heard you the first time @ 28 July 2005 15:19
    Nick, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Roger Vanderheyden

    RH Guest

    > secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one
    > service
    > went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
    > owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding
    > this
    > feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature
    > ofcourse
    > :). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the
    > Grandstream
    > HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

    I think you will find it is impossible to do what you ask. VOIP Products are
    limited by their chip sets and hardware
    including memory, doing what you ask is probably wayout of what the hardware
    can do, at least it is on other chipsets like PA1688. Its like a car, you
    can chip the ECUof a diesel polo, but you can't turn it into a petrol
    powered supercar
    RH, Jul 28, 2005

  4. > We heard you the first time @ 28 July 2005 15:19

    Excuse me Nick. I've had a problem with the news-server.

    Regards,
    Roger
    Roger Vanderheyden, Jul 29, 2005
  5. "RH" <> wrote in message

    > I think you will find it is impossible to do what you ask. VOIP Products
    > are limited by their chip sets and hardware
    > including memory, doing what you ask is probably wayout of what the
    > hardware can do, at least it is on other chipsets like PA1688. Its like a
    > car, you can chip the ECUof a diesel polo, but you can't turn it into a
    > petrol powered supercar

    I don't know the technical limits behind the hardware. I thought it would be
    a pure software (firmware) issue, but I can understand that there is a
    hardware limitation. :-(

    Regards,
    Roger
    Roger Vanderheyden, Jul 29, 2005
  6. Why don't you go for one of the new Grandstream ATAs which support 2 lines
    (ATA-496?), or go with the new Grandstream GXP-2000 which can handle up to
    13 lines.

    http://www.voiptalk.org/products/GXP-2000 Enterprise IP Telephone

    VoIP Knowledge, Jul 31, 2005
  7. "VoIP Knowledge" <> wrote in message
    > Why don't you go for one of the new Grandstream ATAs which support 2 lines
    > (ATA-496?), or go with the new Grandstream GXP-2000 which can handle up to
    > 13 lines.
    >
    > http://www.voiptalk.org/products/GXP-2000 Enterprise IP Telephone

    The GXP-2000 works fine with multiple SIP accounts (I have one at home). The
    handset is seems light and flimsy however (even less weight to than the
    Budgetone 101!).

    Brian
    Brian Mulligan, Jul 31, 2005