Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Roger Vanderheyden, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working fine,
    but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
    several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers in
    different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
    handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon
    ((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/Technische_Details.html)
    can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
    are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when the
    SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
    secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one service
    went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
    owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding this
    feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature ofcourse
    :). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the Grandstream
    HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Roger Vanderheijden

    Roger Vanderheyden, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Roger Vanderheyden

    ubifone Guest

    Dear Roger,

    There is an advanced model of Grandstream that allows two phones to be
    connected simultaneously, but I wouldn't recommend it since it can affect
    the performance at this stage.

    You can use it only if you're connected with fast internet and your
    internet traffic is not heavy.

    You're welcome to visit my site and get know about MoVoIP too.

    http://www.uninumber.ubifone.com/

    Wish you all the best.
    Sam.
    -------------------------------------
    Roger Vanderheyden wrote:

    > Hello,

    > Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working
    > fine,
    > but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm
    > using
    > several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local
    > phonenumbers in
    > different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can
    > only
    > handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon

    ((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/Technische_Details.html)

    > can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that
    > there
    > are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when
    > the
    > SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse
    > more
    > secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one
    > service
    > went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream

    > owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding
    > this
    > feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature
    > ofcourse
    > :). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the
    > Grandstream
    > HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

    > Regards,

    > Roger Vanderheijden

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
    de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip,comp.dcom.voice-over-ip - messages and counting!

    ubifone, Jul 29, 2005