    HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Roger Vanderheijden
    Roger Vanderheyden, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Roger Vanderheyden

    Paul Guest

    You could always find a spare machine and use asterisk.
    It can register to limitless numbers of SIP accounts.
    Then you get PBX features as well :D

    "Roger Vanderheyden" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working

    fine,
    > but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
    > several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers

    in
    > different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
    > handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon

    ((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/Technische_Detai
    ls.html)
    > can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
    > are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when

    the
    > SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
    > secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one

    service
    > went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
    > owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding

    this
    > feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature

    ofcourse
    > :). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the

    Grandstream

    Paul, Jul 28, 2005

  3. ....and, if you use my LCDial.sh script (written for a very inexpensive
    platform: OpenWRT), also do Least Cost Routing among providers plus
    ENUM lookup for free routes:

    http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=LCDial.sh AGI script

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jul 29, 2005
  4. Roger Vanderheyden

    ubifone Guest

    Dear Roger,

    There is an advanced model of Grandstream that allows two phones to be
    connected simultaneously, but I wouldn't recommend it since it can affect
    the performance at this stage.

    You can use it only if you're connected with fast internet and your
    internet traffic is not heavy.

    You're welcome to visit my site and get know about MoVoIP too.

    http://www.uninumber.ubifone.com/

    Wish you all the best.
    Sam.
    -------------------------------------
    Roger Vanderheyden wrote:

    > Hello,

    > Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working
    > fine,
    > but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm
    > using
    > several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local
    > phonenumbers in
    > different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can
    > only
    > handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon

    ((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/Technische_Details.html)

    > can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that
    > there
    > are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when
    > the
    > SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse
    > more
    > secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one
    > service
    > went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream

    > owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding
    > this
    > feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature
    > ofcourse
    > :). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the
    > Grandstream
    > HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

    > Regards,

    > Roger Vanderheijden

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
    de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip,comp.dcom.voice-over-ip - messages and counting!
    ubifone, Jul 29, 2005
  5. Roger Vanderheyden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > You could always find a spare machine and use asterisk.
    > It can register to limitless numbers of SIP accounts.
    > Then you get PBX features as well :D

    The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM (www.avm.de/en) will do what you want, it can
    have up to 10 accounts registered at once. It has a built in modem, router
    and 2 analogue phone ports, plus a PSTN call-through port.

    Ivor
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?