Grandstream ATA and VoIPBuster

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by David Floyd, May 28, 2005.

  1. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?

    I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.

    ATA settings are:
    SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
    Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
    SIP User ID: my Username
    Authenticate ID: my Username
    Authenticate Password: my Password
    Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
    Ports: 5060 5004
    Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
    Proxy-Require: <blank>
    FXS Imp: CTR21
    Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
    Onhook Voltage: 48
    Special Feature: Standard

    Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.

    Any help appreciated.

    David

    David Floyd, May 28, 2005

  2. David Floyd

    Dave Gill Guest

    David Floyd <> wrote:

    > Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

    [...]
    > Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

    Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
    using STUN?

    Dave Gill, May 28, 2005

  3. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Dave Gill writes
    >David Floyd <> wrote:
    >
    >> Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

    >[...]
    >> Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

    >Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
    >using STUN?

    Probably not; but it still doesn't work if either of these is deleted
    (made blank).

    David

    David Floyd, May 28, 2005
  4. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
    >
    > I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
    >
    > ATA settings are:
    > SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
    > Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
    > SIP User ID: my Username
    > Authenticate ID: my Username
    > Authenticate Password: my Password
    > Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
    > Ports: 5060 5004
    > Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
    > Proxy-Require: <blank>
    > FXS Imp: CTR21
    > Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
    > Onhook Voltage: 48
    > Special Feature: Standard
    >
    > Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > David

    I thought it said on their site that only their softphone could be used from
    now on?

    Jono, May 28, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Jono writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
    >>

    >I thought it said on their site that only their softphone could be used from
    >now on?

    I agree, except that their site says (I think) that they are not
    supporting SIP devices, but dcuk said in another thread that it works
    for him :-(

    David

    David Floyd, May 28, 2005
  6. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Dave Gill wrote:
    > David Floyd <> wrote:
    >
    >> Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

    > [...]
    >> Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

    > Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
    > using STUN?

    Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you have to
    specify a port number for STUN..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 28, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    AlexDeag Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
    >
    > I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
    >
    > ATA settings are:
    > SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
    > Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
    > SIP User ID: my Username
    > Authenticate ID: my Username
    > Authenticate Password: my Password
    > Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
    > Ports: 5060 5004
    > Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
    > Proxy-Require: <blank>
    > FXS Imp: CTR21
    > Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
    > Onhook Voltage: 48
    > Special Feature: Standard
    >
    > Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > David

    Have you seent this on this page

    http://www.voipbuster.com/en/newsflash.html

    " Temporarily, we will not support SIP-calls. SIP-users, for the time being
    please use the fully available VoipBuster application instead. "

    AlexDeag, May 28, 2005
  8. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes
    >Dave Gill wrote:
    >> David Floyd <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

    >> [...]
    >>> Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com

    >> Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if you're
    >> using STUN?

    >Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you have to
    >specify a port number for STUN..?

    Well I don't use an Outbound Proxy with Sipgate; and it works. (When
    Sipgate isn't down, that is)

    David

    David Floyd, May 28, 2005
  9. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes
    >> Dave Gill wrote:

    >>> [...]
    >>>
    >>> Surely you don't really need to specify an outbound proxy if
    >>> you're using STUN?

    >> Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you
    >> have to specify a port number for STUN..?
    >>

    > Well I don't use an Outbound Proxy with Sipgate; and it works. (When
    > Sipgate isn't down, that is)
    >
    > David

    Interesting. The info on Sipgate's site specific to the Sipura that I use
    specifies using "sipgate.co.uk" as an outbound proxy, I'll have to try
    removing it and seeing what happens. They also use port 10000 for STUN as
    well, which is non-standard. MAybe voipbuster use the standard port (can't
    remember it offhand..!) so it isn't specified..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 28, 2005
  10. David Floyd

    dcuk Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
    >
    > I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
    >
    > ATA settings are:
    > SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
    > Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
    > SIP User ID: my Username
    > Authenticate ID: my Username
    > Authenticate Password: my Password
    > Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
    > Ports: 5060 5004
    > Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
    > Proxy-Require: <blank>
    > FXS Imp: CTR21
    > Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
    > Onhook Voltage: 48
    > Special Feature: Standard
    >
    > Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > David

    Is it not registering at all for you?

    Voipbuster is the only one that works for me. I can register with the
    server and make calls. Neither 18866 or 1899 work for me with voip. I an
    register with the server but all calls fail.

    dcuk, May 28, 2005
  11. David Floyd

    Dave Gill Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > Sipgate specifiy that you should, not tried it without..! Do you have to
    > specify a port number for STUN..?

    I've got my GS ATA-486 up and running (again) with my Sipgate account
    with NAT forwarding and STUN without an outbound proxy, and my Sipura
    SPA-1001 is running Gradwell and JustDialVoip accounts using outbound
    proxies but no STUN, and both seem fine.

    I don't know if the STUN port needs to be specified or not, I suppose it
    makes the router port-forwarding easier if it is. Although it's just
    occurred to me that if you use an ATA-486 in router mode it will only
    see open Internet on its "WAN" side anyway, so NAT/STUN shouldn't be an
    issue...

    Dave Gill, May 28, 2005
  12. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
    >>
    >> I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
    >>

    >Have you seent this on this page
    >
    >http://www.voipbuster.com/en/newsflash.html
    >
    >" Temporarily, we will not support SIP-calls. SIP-users, for the time being
    >please use the fully available VoipBuster application instead. "

    Yes, but dcuk said in another thread, that it was working for him. I
    don't believe him now.

    DF

    David Floyd, May 28, 2005
  13. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, dcuk writes
    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
    >> I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
    >> ATA settings are:
    >> SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
    >> Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
    >> SIP User ID: my Username
    >> Authenticate ID: my Username
    >> Authenticate Password: my Password
    >> Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA
    >> Ports: 5060 5004
    >> Stun: YES - stun.voipbuster.com
    >> Proxy-Require: <blank>
    >> FXS Imp: CTR21
    >> Caller ID Scheme: ETSI-FSK
    >> Onhook Voltage: 48
    >> Special Feature: Standard
    >> Is there anything I've missed, or got wrong.
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >> David

    >Is it not registering at all for you?

    No!

    >Voipbuster is the only one that works for me.

    Other people are saying that VoIPBuster are not supporting SIP at all.

    >I can register with the server and make calls.

    So is your GS 486 set up like mine, above?

    David

    David Floyd, May 28, 2005
  14. David Floyd

    7 Guest

    David Floyd wrote:

    > Anyone got this to work since they've come back for new beta users?
    >
    > I have registered with their software and got Username and Password.
    >
    > ATA settings are:
    > SIP Server: sip.voipbuster.com
    > Outbound Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com

    For some (not all) sites, you need to
    drop "sip." bit in one or both of the addresses.

    7, May 28, 2005
  15. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 17:13:42 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    > (When Sipgate isn't down, that is)

    Ha ha we do keep playing the same old tune regarding Sipgate don't we
    David justifiably of course :)))))))))))))))))))))))))).

    , May 29, 2005