  1. AlexDeag

    AlexDeag Guest

    Has anyone got them to work?
    AlexDeag, May 28, 2005

  2. AlexDeag

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
    >Has anyone got them to work?

    Not for a week now.

    DF
    David Floyd, May 28, 2005

  3. AlexDeag

    AlexDeag Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
    >>Has anyone got them to work?
    >>

    > Not for a week now.
    >
    > DF

    What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers, but then I
    have never got it to work.
    AlexDeag, May 28, 2005
  4. AlexDeag

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
    >>>Has anyone got them to work?
    >>>

    >> Not for a week now.
    >>
    >> DF

    >What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers, but then I
    >have never got it to work.

    It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
    (using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
    were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed their
    mind because they found extra capacity.

    From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
    can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and caller
    display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on the calling
    phone and no ringing tones.

    When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I get
    the beep-beep-beep sound.

    I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't get
    it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.

    DF
    David Floyd, May 28, 2005
  5. AlexDeag

    Deag Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
    >>
    >> "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >>> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
    >>>>

    >>> Not for a week now.
    >>>
    >>> DF

    >> What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers,
    >> but then I have never got it to work.
    >>

    > It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
    > (using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
    > were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed
    > their mind because they found extra capacity.
    >
    > From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
    > can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and
    > caller display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on
    > the calling phone and no ringing tones.
    >
    > When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I
    > get the beep-beep-beep sound.
    >
    > I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't
    > get it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.
    >
    > DF

    I get the same thing with both 18866 and 1899, beep-beep-beep.
    Deag, May 28, 2005
  6. AlexDeag

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Deag writes
    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
    >>>
    >>> "David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    >>> What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers,
    >>> but then I have never got it to work.
    >>>

    >> It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
    >> (using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
    >> were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed
    >> their mind because they found extra capacity.
    >>
    >> From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
    >> can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and
    >> caller display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on
    >> the calling phone and no ringing tones.
    >>
    >> When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I
    >> get the beep-beep-beep sound.
    >>
    >> I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't
    >> get it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.
    >>
    >> DF

    >I get the same thing with both 18866 and 1899, beep-beep-beep.

    Are you using a Grandstream ATA-486? If so, I'll let you know the
    settings I'm using.

    DF
    David Floyd, May 28, 2005
  7. AlexDeag

    > In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Deag writes
    >>David Floyd wrote:
    >>> In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes

    >>> It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
    >>> (using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
    >>> were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed
    >>> their mind because they found extra capacity.
    >>>
    >>> From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
    >>> can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and
    >>> caller display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on
    >>> the calling phone and no ringing tones.
    >>>
    >>> When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I
    >>> get the beep-beep-beep sound.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't
    >>> get it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.
    >>>
    >>> DF

    >>I get the same thing with both 18866 and 1899, beep-beep-beep.
    >>

    > Are you using a Grandstream ATA-486? If so, I'll let you know the settings
    > I'm using.
    >
    > DF

    I am using the 286 but the web interface is pretty similar according to the
    Grandstream web site.
    Deag, May 29, 2005