Grandstream ATA 386 with sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by paul123, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Anyone got this combo working? Grandstream ATA 386 with
    sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk?

    At first glance it would seem simple enough, but I ask as I want to set
    this up for my Dad when I next see him.

    (To expand - he also has a BT100 and an account at each of those 3
    suppliers - my idea is to put voiptalk and sipdiscount on the 386 and
    voipbuster on the BT100.)

    The possible problem I foresee is this - sipdiscount uses stun and
    voiptalk requires no stun.....

    Logic suggests they can't both work together on this device? Any
    comments?

    Paul

    paul123, Dec 25, 2005

  2. paul123

    Mr Flipflops Guest

    > Anyone got this combo working? Grandstream ATA 386 with
    > sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk?
    >
    > At first glance it would seem simple enough, but I ask as I want to set
    > this up for my Dad when I next see him.
    >
    > (To expand - he also has a BT100 and an account at each of those 3
    > suppliers - my idea is to put voiptalk and sipdiscount on the 386 and
    > voipbuster on the BT100.)
    >
    > The possible problem I foresee is this - sipdiscount uses stun and
    > voiptalk requires no stun.....
    >
    > Logic suggests they can't both work together on this device? Any
    > comments?
    >
    > Paul

    And the 386 connects through which router? My 486 (via a Linksys router) is
    on sipdiscount, and does not need the stun server nor an outgoing proxy
    configured. Incoming calls are not a concern for sipdiscount.

    Mr Flipflops, Dec 28, 2005

  3. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Mr Flipflops wrote:

    > And the 386 connects through which router? My 486 (via a Linksys router) is
    > on sipdiscount, and does not need the stun server nor an outgoing proxy
    > configured. Incoming calls are not a concern for sipdiscount.

    Thanks Mr Flipflops, that seems to work OK(ish) on my BT101 (similarish
    firmware), but I find I get some calls that sound like they're ringing
    but the destination phone doesn't actually ring. Others connect OK.
    This is weird...
    Oh, I'm using a Speedtouch 716g, but my Dad has a USRobotics (9003 I
    think).

    Anyway I'll be trying it all on the 386 this coming weekend. I'll let
    you know the results.

    Paul

    paul123, Jan 3, 2006
  4. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Yes! Got both Sipdiscount and voiptalk going OK. Thanks for the tip.

    Paul

    paul123, Jan 11, 2006