    Hello been looking for a FX0+FXS ata and really got it down to a Grandstream
    503 or a Linksys 3102. It would be used on Pbxes.org and maybe Trixbox, is
    there any others that I missed ?.
    Dave, Jan 26, 2011

  2. In article <ihpe0a$e4b$>, Dave <> wrote:
    >Hello been looking for a FX0+FXS ata and really got it down to a Grandstream
    >503 or a Linksys 3102. It would be used on Pbxes.org and maybe Trixbox, is
    >there any others that I missed ?.

    If looking at Trixbox, you might want to get a PCI card to handle it
    all inside the same PC. E.g. Openvox A400P:

    http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400p11-p-680.html

    Less spaghetti wiring if nothing else..

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jan 26, 2011

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <ihpe0a$e4b$>, Dave <> wrote:
    >>Hello been looking for a FX0+FXS ata and really got it down to a
    >>Grandstream
    >>503 or a Linksys 3102. It would be used on Pbxes.org and maybe Trixbox, is
    >>there any others that I missed ?.

    > If looking at Trixbox, you might want to get a PCI card to handle it
    > all inside the same PC. E.g. Openvox A400P:
    >
    > http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400p11-p-680.html
    >
    > Less spaghetti wiring if nothing else..
    >
    > Gordon

    Good point - but a external 'box' maybe more flexible and of course be still
    be used alone with pbxes and other web based PBXs's.

    Thanks
    Dave, Jan 26, 2011
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:33:49 -0000, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> If looking at Trixbox, you might want to get a PCI card to handle it
    >>> all inside the same PC. E.g. Openvox A400P:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400p11-p-680.html
    >>>
    >>> Less spaghetti wiring if nothing else..
    >>>
    >>> Gordon

    >>Good point - but a external 'box' maybe more flexible and of course be
    >>still
    >>be used alone with pbxes and other web based PBXs's.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > I have currently Linksys SPA3102 and have just bought a Grandstream
    > Handytone 502. Get a lot of echo with my current set-up, of the
    > Linksys. Bought the Grandstream to try and solve the problem, have not
    > hooked it up yet (its got to be wired into the house phone wiring
    > etc), will let you know how I get on, if you like, once I have tested
    > it properly.

    I'll look forward to you findings !

    Thanks,
    Dave, Feb 6, 2011
  5. Dave

    Peter Watson Guest

    On 06/02/2011 09:44, Dave wrote:

    > "Anti-Spam" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:33:49 -0000, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message

    >>> Good point - but a external 'box' maybe more flexible and of course
    >>> be still
    >>> be used alone with pbxes and other web based PBXs's.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> I have currently Linksys SPA3102 and have just bought a Grandstream
    >> Handytone 502. Get a lot of echo with my current set-up, of the
    >> Linksys. Bought the Grandstream to try and solve the problem, have not
    >> hooked it up yet (its got to be wired into the house phone wiring
    >> etc), will let you know how I get on, if you like, once I have tested
    >> it properly.

    > I'll look forward to you findings !
    >
    > Thanks,

    Another approach, depending on what you're trying to achieve, is to
    abandon the ATA and use a phone that can handle both POTS and VOIP?

    I experimented with a Sipura SPA3000 and never successfully got round
    echo & level issues. I stopped using it and bought a Siemens Gigaset
    C475IP DECT phone and use it instead. Call quality is now superb...
    Peter Watson, Feb 6, 2011
  6. Dave

    Paulg0 Guest

    "Peter Watson" <> wrote in message
    > Another approach, depending on what you're trying to achieve, is to
    > abandon the ATA and use a phone that can handle both POTS and VOIP?
    >
    > I experimented with a Sipura SPA3000 and never successfully got round echo
    > & level issues. I stopped using it and bought a Siemens Gigaset C475IP
    > DECT phone and use it instead. Call quality is now superb...

    The Gigaset range are excellent. I have the S685 IP phone and would
    definitely recommend it

    Paul
    Paulg0, Feb 6, 2011