    --
    Ray

    Remove NO and SPAM to reply

    Ray, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Ray

    P Pron Guest

    Ray wrote:
    > Amazon is offering a 2 pack DVD with Grand Hotel and Mutiny on the
    > Bounty for $24.58. They are also offering each film separately for
    > $17.98 each.
    >
    > Each of the separate DVDs lists a few extras for each film. Does
    > anyone know if the two pack also has the extras or are they the film
    > only??
    >
    > Thanks

    I haven't got personal knowledge of the twin-pack, but the extras on the
    single discs are pretty basic, and I wouldn't have thought the manufacter
    would consider it worthwhile spending money producing a new master with the
    extras stripped off. More likely, given the age of the movies, the twin pack
    is an attempt to move unsold stock, because of disappointing sales.....

    I'm in UK, and bought the R2 Mutiny on the Bounty (identical to the US
    version) yesterday for the equivalent of $11.20. Not a sparkling
    restoration, but very serviceable.

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Ray

    jayembee Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote:

    > Amazon is offering a 2 pack DVD with Grand Hotel and Mutiny on the Bounty
    > for $24.58. They are also offering each film separately for $17.98 each.
    >
    > Each of the separate DVDs lists a few extras for each film. Does anyone
    > know if the two pack also has the extras or are they the film only??

    The 2-packs being offered as nothing more than the two individual
    releases being shrink-wrapped together. The discs (and cases) are
    exactly the same as the individual releases.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 9, 2005