    will be redirected to another available RS. So which is it?

    Thanks for the help
    , Mar 21, 2005

  2. aunraza Guest

    When you take a server out of service (on the LB), the load-balancer
    should not pass any more traffic to it, to my knowledge. The session to
    the server should break; the client would have to issue a new GET
    request which will be directed to the next server based on the
    load-balancing rule.
    aunraza, Mar 21, 2005

  3. thrill5 Guest

    Answer B. When you take the server out of service, any existing open HTTP
    requests will finish. Any new TCP sessions will be directed to the
    remaining servers. A session is a TCP session, not a browser session.

    Scott

    thrill5, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Guest

    thrill5 wrote:
    > Answer B. When you take the server out of service, any existing open

    HTTP
    > requests will finish. Any new TCP sessions will be directed to the
    > remaining servers. A session is a TCP session, not a browser

    session.

    > Scott
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have a question regarding graceful shutdown in load balancing web
    > > servers. When a real server is gracefully taken out of service,

    the

    Thank you both.
    , Mar 22, 2005