    I've updated to Grabit 1.7.2 Beta 3 to try to sort problem but it stil remains...

    PLZ HELP !!!!!!

    Ozzy

    Ozzy, May 12, 2010

  2. Ozzy

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/12/2010 6:41 AM Just to please that super-ego, Ozzy wrote the
    following tidbit of information:

    ?

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, May 12, 2010

  3. Ozzy, whose job is as a dog catcher, deprecated:

    > Hi, can some1 plz tell me if there is a problem with Grabit Search?
    > Everytime I click to search it takes a L O N G time to complete the search
    > then a window appears with detail of error code... have noticed this
    > happening only for the pat week.
    >
    > I've updated to Grabit 1.7.2 Beta 3 to try to sort problem but it stil
    > remains...

    Beta, huh?

    Fnar!

    **** off and die. You're too stupid to even post the fucking error message,
    you dumb ****.

    > Ozzy
    >

    > --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
    > ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
    > -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

    --
    pork prescription : n. 1. Cock, to be swallowed twice a day before
    meals. 2. Doctor's authorisation for a meat injection (qv).

    Jozua de Bilridder, May 12, 2010
  4. Ozzy

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/12/2010 7:34 AM Just to please that super-ego, Jozua de Bilridder
    wrote the following tidbit of information:
    > Ozzy, whose job is as a dog catcher, deprecated:
    >
    >> Hi, can some1 plz tell me if there is a problem with Grabit Search?
    >> Everytime I click to search it takes a L O N G time to complete the search
    >> then a window appears with detail of error code... have noticed this
    >> happening only for the pat week.
    >>
    >> I've updated to Grabit 1.7.2 Beta 3 to try to sort problem but it stil
    >> remains...

    > Beta, huh?
    >
    > Fnar!
    >
    >> PLZ HELP !!!!!!

    > **** off and die. You're too stupid to even post the fucking error message,
    > you dumb ****.
    >
    >> Ozzy
    >>

    >> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
    >> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
    >> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

    <g> Looked like a click for credit scam to me ??

    OldGringo38, May 12, 2010
  5. Ozzy

    olfart Guest

    "Ozzy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, can some1 plz tell me if there is a problem with Grabit Search?
    > Everytime I click to search it takes a L O N G time to complete the search
    > then a window appears with detail of error code... have noticed this
    > happening only for the pat week.
    >
    > I've updated to Grabit 1.7.2 Beta 3 to try to sort problem but it stil
    > remains...
    >
    > PLZ HELP !!!!!!
    >
    > Ozzy
    >

    > --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
    > ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
    > -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

    Grabit 1.7.2 has been replaced by Stickit 2.0
    Google for it

    olfart, May 12, 2010
  6. Ozzy

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ozzy wrote:
    > Hi, can some1 plz tell me if there is a problem with Grabit Search?
    > Everytime I click to search it takes a L O N G time to complete the search then a window appears with detail of error code... have noticed this happening only for the pat week.
    >
    > I've updated to Grabit 1.7.2 Beta 3 to try to sort problem but it stil remains...

    - Please don't use grabit to post messages to text newsgroups. It
    doesn't wrap your lines properly and it has an ugly ad trailer

    - If I had a problem with grabit, I would discuss it in the Slyck
    forums, since grabit forums aren't ready yet

    - I don't see reports of others having your grabit search problem, so
    maybe you should uninstall it.

    - Slyck rates alt.binz above grabit

    http://www.altbinz.net/ alt.binz is a powerful binary newsreader, for
    downloading and managing articles from Usenet. Checking the downloaded
    files, auto unpausing missing PAR2 blocks, repairing, and finally
    unraring them, are just a few options in this utility. Various usenet
    search engines fully supported, browsing groups, searching for files and
    importing them for download, has never been easier.

    Slyck Recommends - We've listed our three favorite news readers below -
    We've ranked alt.binz #1 because it's so easy to use and does everything
    for you. http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroups_Guide_NewsReaders

    http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=9 Slyck Forums - The
    Newsgroups Forum

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 12, 2010
  7. Ozzy

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2010 07:40:45 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    >>> http://www.shemes.com/ =-
    >>>

    > <g> Looked like a click for credit scam to me ??

    You clicked the link, didn't you, you spam enabler, you?

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

    Aardvark, May 12, 2010
  8. Ozzy

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/12/2010 1:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Aardvark wrote the
    following tidbit of information:

    >> <g> Looked like a click for credit scam to me ??

    > You clicked the link, didn't you, you spam enabler, you?

    LOL No I didn't click the link. Your ESP isn't working today. <g>

    OldGringo38, May 12, 2010
  9. Ozzy

    VanguardLH Guest

    Ozzy wrote:

    > Hi, can some1 plz tell me if there is a problem with Grabit Search?

    Yes, GrabIt has LOTS of problems. One of them is that it submits posts with
    extremely long 1-line paragraphs. Instead of wrapping the line at a maximum
    length (e.g., 76 characters, or less, although 72 allows for several replies
    before some newsreaders have problems with indenting and wrapping of quoted
    content, like OE), it creates one long line per paragraph. Note below where
    I've truncated your overly long lines to a reasonable line length which ends
    up truncating your lines.

    > Everytime I click to search it takes a L O N G time to complete the sear

    <Rest of unwrapped line (shown wrapped here)>
    > ch then a window appears with detail of error code... have noticed this
    > happening only for the pat week.

    Oh, it's a secret error and why you couldn't divulge it here. Uh huh.
    Sorry, but my telescope can't see through your window to see on your screen
    just what might be that unidentified error code.

    > I've updated to Grabit 1.7.2 Beta 3 to try to sort problem but it stil r

    <Rest of unwrapped line>

    Start here: http://support.shemes.com/

    > --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
    > ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
    > -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

    And here's another problem when using GrabIt. You ask for help while at the
    same time SPAMMING the newsgroup. Uh huh, like we're going to be inclined
    to help a spammer. GrabIt doesn't insert a proper sigdash delimiter line
    ("-- \n") to separate their spam promotional signature. Of course, that
    they shove in their spam (whether in the body or in a signature) is another
    reason NOT to use that program. Either configure GrabIt to stop appending
    its spam to your posts (which makes your posts into spam) or use a different
    newsreader. GrabIt is *not* a newsreader that you should use to submitting
    posts into newsgroups. Until you change your posts, you are a spamming
    affiliate for them.

    VanguardLH, May 12, 2010
  10. Ozzy

    thanatoid Guest

    VanguardLH <> wrote in

    > Ozzy wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, can some1 plz tell me if there is a problem with
    >> Grabit Search?

    > Yes, GrabIt has LOTS of problems. One of them is that it

    <SNIP>
    > up truncating your lines.

    None of those are problems with GrabIt /SEARCH/.

    GrabIt, as name implies, was designed for super-leeching and it
    does it EXTREMELY well. Incredible. 32 connections - I get 10-
    25% faster speed than my BB connection is supposed to provide.

    >> Everytime I click to search it takes a L O N G time to
    >> complete the sear

    That's probably because you are using the free trial of search.
    I am pretty sure that if you
    paid whatever it costs, it would work great. But it's not
    necessary since you can find anything you want using
    binsearch.info (or one of the other 5 or so mostly free Usenet
    search sites), have it make you nzb files and then use GrabIt to
    grab the stuff.

    > <Rest of unwrapped line (shown wrapped here)>
    >> ch then a window appears with detail of error code... have
    >> noticed this happening only for the pat week.

    It is not for posting. Just the fact you have to do all the crap
    necessary to enable posting in the software should make this
    obvious.

    > Oh, it's a secret error and why you couldn't divulge it
    > here. Uh huh. Sorry, but my telescope can't see through
    > your window to see on your screen just what might be that
    > unidentified error code.

    Grow up.

    >> I've updated to Grabit 1.7.2 Beta 3 to try to sort problem
    >> but it stil r

    > <Rest of unwrapped line>

    Beta 4 is latest, but it will probably have the same "problem"
    which as explained above is NOT a problem.

    >> PLZ HELP !!!!!!

    Get Xnews and it it's too complicated for you, there are other
    alternatives for reading text and posting text. GrabIt is for
    grabbing binaries.

    > Either configure GrabIt to stop appending its
    > spam to your posts (which makes your posts into spam) or
    > use a different newsreader. GrabIt is *not* a newsreader
    > that you should use to submitting posts into newsgroups.
    > Until you change your posts, you are a spamming affiliate
    > for them.

    Spamming for something which is free, spy/adware/etc -free,
    works great and costs nothing? Interesting concept.

    --
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
    time to pause and reflect."

    thanatoid, May 12, 2010
  11. Ozzy

    Mike Easter Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    >> <op>
    >>> Everytime I click to search it takes a L O N G time to
    >>> complete the sear

    > That's probably because you are using the free trial of search.
    > I am pretty sure that if you paid whatever it costs, it would work great.

    Grabit free has some kind of search limitations. Grabit pro is not free.

    > Spamming for something which is free, spy/adware/etc -free,
    > works great and costs nothing? Interesting concept.

    Spam is spam; whether the payload is a free/pay product or a 'free'
    website with advertising or a pure pay product.

    Grabit trailer is spam. The OP shouldn't be posting it here;
    preferably by not posting here with grabit at all.

    It sounds like it comes down to: don't use grabit to post to text
    groups; don't use free grabit search (much); consider some other
    binary downloader ie alt.binz, and/or some other binary search tool, ie
    binsearch.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 13, 2010
  12. Ozzy

    Mike Easter Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > Mike Easter
    >
    >> Grabit free has some kind of search limitations. Grabit pro is not free.

    > Umm.. just to clarify, there is no "Grabit Pro".
    >
    > Grabit, the application, is free. 100%. To use the Grabit Search, a
    > feature of the software, you get I believe 3 free searches per day. Or
    > pay $2.99 for a month of unlimited search.

    You are correct, sir. I misspoke regarding the grabit pay plan.

    > Well worth it, IMHO. Go to search, enter the keywords, find the
    > articles, one click grab to download them. (And Decode, unrar /
    > extract).

    Interestingly, besides the monthly or multimonthly plans, they have a '3
    day' plan.

    http://www.shemes.com/index.php?p=usenetservice

    For those who are occasional binary downloaders and occasionally run
    into a snag finding or getting what they want, $2.50 US would be a good
    deal.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 13, 2010
  13. Ozzy

    thanatoid Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > It sounds like it comes down to: don't use grabit to post
    > to text groups; don't use free grabit search (much);
    > consider some other binary downloader ie alt.binz, and/or
    > some other binary search tool, ie binsearch.

    Exactly.

    thanatoid, May 13, 2010
  14. Ozzy

    thanatoid Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote in

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> Mike Easter

    <SNIP>

    > For those who are occasional binary downloaders and
    > occasionally run into a snag finding or getting what they
    > want, $2.50 US would be a good deal.

    C'mon you guys, better than the free binsearch.info? Have you
    TRIED it?

    thanatoid, May 13, 2010
  15. Ozzy

    Mike Easter Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > Mike Easter

    >> For those who are occasional binary downloaders and
    >> occasionally run into a snag finding or getting what they
    >> want, $2.50 US would be a good deal.

    > C'mon you guys, better than the free binsearch.info? Have you
    > TRIED it?

    About 2 or so years ago, I was looking for something or other and found
    what I wanted after looking on about 3 servers. Since I was
    inexperienced at that problem, I just downloaded a bunch of headers.

    Since I'm on broadband, that method worked out OK for me, but I realize
    that it was 'crude'.

    I have free access to giganews servers via EL Earthlink's outsourcing
    and usenet-news via a $3 block I bought a number of years ago and some
    other lesser server like teranews.

    I wasn't even using a strong newsreader at the time, nothing that did
    ..nzb. In fact, I think I fetched the parts with yProxy and OE and used
    some kind of par2 tool and unrar/ed with IZarc or Iceows.

    Binary mavens who do that stuff all the time use stronger tools integrated.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 13, 2010
  16. Ozzy

    thanatoid Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote in

    > thanatoid wrote:
    >> Mike Easter

    >>> For those who are occasional binary downloaders and
    >>> occasionally run into a snag finding or getting what they
    >>> want, $2.50 US would be a good deal.

    >> C'mon you guys, better than the free binsearch.info? Have
    >> you TRIED it?
    >>

    > About 2 or so years ago, I was looking for something or
    > other and found what I wanted after looking on about 3
    > servers. Since I was inexperienced at that problem, I just
    > downloaded a bunch of headers.

    I still run 98SELite (3 main sys files from 95B) and the ONLY
    newsreader that would run on that platform AND do nzb was
    GrabIt. Before that, I just DL'd thousands of headers and
    struggled with XNews' memory problems by dividing the rc file
    into 10 smaller ones (I was runing a 166 P1 with 64MB RAM).

    > Since I'm on broadband, that method worked out OK for me,
    > but I realize that it was 'crude'.

    Not really. There simply used to be no nzb and there used to be
    no yEnc and there used to be no Usenet... etc...

    > I have free access to giganews servers via EL Earthlink's
    > outsourcing and usenet-news via a $3 block I bought a
    > number of years ago and some other lesser server like
    > teranews.

    Earthlink is owned by Scientologists. FYI, so you know where
    your money goes.

    > I wasn't even using a strong newsreader at the time,
    > nothing that did .nzb. In fact, I think I fetched the
    > parts with yProxy and OE and used some kind of par2 tool
    > and unrar/ed with IZarc or Iceows.
    >
    > Binary mavens who do that stuff all the time use stronger
    > tools integrated.

    Yeah, I'm not one of those. I needed to replace a 30-year old
    record collection and I did it all with a 33.6 modem and Xnews.
    Took a few years...

    thanatoid, May 13, 2010
  17. Ozzy

    Mike Easter Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > Mike Easter

    >> I have free access to giganews servers via EL Earthlink's
    >> outsourcing

    > Earthlink is owned by Scientologists. FYI, so you know where
    > your money goes.

    EL was founded by Sky Dayton who is a Scientologist. Dayton became an
    entrepreneur and left EL to pursue other interests. Nowadays he's a
    surfer. I have no idea who owns how much EL stock.

    I'm a big fan of John Travolta, who is also a Scientologist. I also
    like Tom Cruise movies, another scientologist.

    I don't let my disagreements about the actions of the so-called Church
    of Scientology affect whether I get my cable internet from RoadRunner vs
    EarthLink or which movies I go see.

    At the time I switched from RR to EL, I was unhappy with the way RR was
    handling their news servers. It later turned out that I also liked the
    way EL handled its mail service compared to RR.

    Nowadays I wouldn't change providers on the basis of the mail servers or
    the usenet, because I can get perfectly good usenet and mailservice
    without using those servers of my connectivity provider. So, it is all
    about who takes the best care of the connectivity part.

    It turns out that TimeWarner, the infrastructure for both RR and EL for
    my local cable internet takes good care of the cable infrastructure and
    my connectivity, and it is TimeWarner who gets my check every month for
    EarthLink internet.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 13, 2010
  18. Ozzy

    thanatoid Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote in

    > thanatoid wrote:
    >> Mike Easter

    >>> I have free access to giganews servers via EL Earthlink's
    >>> outsourcing

    >> Earthlink is owned by Scientologists. FYI, so you know
    >> where your money goes.

    > EL was founded by Sky Dayton who is a Scientologist.
    > Dayton became an entrepreneur and left EL to pursue other
    > interests. Nowadays he's a surfer. I have no idea who
    > owns how much EL stock.

    Nice to see someone well informed.

    > I'm a big fan of John Travolta, who is also a
    > Scientologist. I also like Tom Cruise movies, another
    > scientologist.

    I'd have to disagree - there ARE Scientologists who are good/fun
    actors, but I am not a fan of those 2.

    > I don't let my disagreements about the actions of the
    > so-called Church of Scientology affect whether I get my
    > cable internet from RoadRunner vs EarthLink or which movies
    > I go see.

    Among many problems plaguing thanatoids is the "black & white"
    syndrome. It affects EVERYTHING.

    > At the time I switched from RR to EL, I was unhappy with
    > the way RR was handling their news servers. It later
    > turned out that I also liked the way EL handled its mail
    > service compared to RR.

    One's "religious/financial" beliefs do not necessarily affect
    the quality of their work.
    Rastafarians perhaps being an exception... ;-)

    > Nowadays I wouldn't change providers on the basis of the
    > mail servers or the usenet, because I can get perfectly
    > good usenet and mailservice without using those servers of
    > my connectivity provider. So, it is all about who takes
    > the best care of the connectivity part.

    Ultimately, that's what matters. I was accosted and tortured by
    a Scientologist for about 2 hrs. when I was about 15 and the
    memory has sort of stayed with me...

    > It turns out that TimeWarner, the infrastructure for both
    > RR and EL for my local cable internet takes good care of
    > the cable infrastructure and my connectivity, and it is
    > TimeWarner who gets my check every month for EarthLink
    > internet.

    OK.
    Sorry to bug you. I should have known better than to try to tell
    someone like you anything - in the GOOD sense, that you are
    probably one of - if not THE - best-informed and most helpful
    persons in this group.

    Cheers.

    /Skulks away with his tail between his legs/

    thanatoid, May 13, 2010