    from?) and has NZ maps.
    Cheers
    Troy

    Kiwiboy, Dec 2, 2010

  2. Kiwiboy

    eyes Guest

    On 02/12/10 17:54, Kiwiboy wrote:
    > Gyday all
    > I am wanting to purchase a GPS navigation program for my windows
    > mobile 6.1 smartphone.
    > Google maps is a very fine free application but I am wanting to get
    > one of the more professional programs. Can anyone recommend a good
    > program that is easy to install, easy to purchase (where do we buy it
    > from?) and has NZ maps.
    > Cheers
    > Troy

    If you can get hold of it, I fully recommend Garmin XT.

    It is a little dated now, as it doesn't do 3D views, etc. But the
    routing is very good, and it gives you clear directions for the next
    turn. I still prefer Garmin XT over the current offerings for Android.

    Then you can get map and POI updates for free for NZ from here:
    http://nzopengps.org/

    eyes, Dec 2, 2010

  3. Kiwiboy

    Richard Guest

    On 7/12/2010 5:34 a.m., ChristianKnight wrote:
    > On Dec 2, 5:54 pm, Kiwiboy<> wrote:
    >> Gyday all
    >> I am wanting to purchase a GPS navigation program for my windows
    >> mobile 6.1 smartphone.
    >> Google maps is a very fine free application but I am wanting to get
    >> one of the more professional programs. Can anyone recommend a good
    >> program that is easy to install, easy to purchase (where do we buy it
    >> from?) and has NZ maps.
    >> Cheers
    >> Troy

    > Have a look at Nokia's Ovi maps with free life time updates.
    > Christ's love

    Nokia is a dead platform according to most people.

    Plus the OP is on windows mobile, not symbian.

    Richard, Dec 7, 2010