    downloads.

    Ta,
    Megan

    Megan, May 5, 2006

  2. "Megan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know of any mobile phones available in New Zealand that can
    > save the GPS location of the phone for later downloading?
    >
    > I was thinking of about a save every minute and a week between
    > downloads.

    No phone in New Zealand can do this. An option would be a Windows Mobile
    Pocket PC or Smartphone, or a Symbian Smartphone, communicating over
    Bluetooth to a GPS.

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], May 5, 2006

  3. Megan

    B Campbell Guest

    "Megan" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of any mobile phones available in New Zealand that can
    > save the GPS location of the phone for later downloading?
    >
    > I was thinking of about a save every minute and a week between
    > downloads.
    >
    > Ta,
    > Megan

    Is there a particular reason why you want to involve a Smartphone?
    Why not just a logging GPS such as
    http://www.delorme.com/bluelogger/default.asp
    or a product such as http://www.snitch.co.nz/

    B Campbell, May 5, 2006
  4. "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > "Megan" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know of any mobile phones available in New Zealand that can
    >> save the GPS location of the phone for later downloading?
    >>
    >> I was thinking of about a save every minute and a week between
    >> downloads.
    >>

    > No phone in New Zealand can do this. An option would be a Windows Mobile
    > Pocket PC or Smartphone, or a Symbian Smartphone, communicating over
    > Bluetooth to a GPS.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mauricio Freitas
    > www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm,
    > www.geekzone.co.nz/geekzoneblog.asp
    > Software for Pocket PC: www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    > Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    For example GPSTuner for Smartphone www.gpstuner.com can log tracks as GPX
    files in a Smartphone (eg i-mate SP3) running under Windows Mobile for
    Smartphone 2003 Ozone edition SE communicating over Bluetooth with a Holux
    GPSlim 236 www.holux.com .

    Barney Campbell, May 7, 2006