    Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie
    Lycos address is a spam trap.

    , Oct 9, 2005

  2. <> spewed:
    > I know I read a thread on sofware, some opensource, on matching up
    > gps track data with exif data on one's digicam. I searched my
    > retrieved messages and did a quick google search and came up empty.
    >
    > Hints please. Any GPS units that I should consider based on
    > price/features would be a bonus.

    I'm very close to purchasing RoboGeo. It uses the Google Maps API, and it
    makes pretty sharp lookin' results if I say so myself. You can download a
    test of the program at http://www.robogeo.com to see how it works, and it's
    only like 20 bucks to purchase once you're ready to start making your own
    galleries. I've made a sample page at
    http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/testrobogeo/map.htm to see how it
    worked, with a few thumbnails as an example. The only beef I have is that
    they require all of the source images to be linked locally. I've enabled my
    "Tavern at the Mill" thumbnail to be enlarged via an external link to
    ImageShack, so with a bit of .xml file editing you can get it to do pretty
    much what you want. (I couldn't store the source files for the large images
    due to the crap amount of web space that RR gives me.... that'll be
    changing soon. ;-)

    --
    Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com

    Robert J Batina, Oct 9, 2005

  3. Dirtroadie Guest

    wrote:
    > I know I read a thread on sofware, some opensource, on matching up gps
    > track data with exif data on one's digicam. I searched my retrieved
    > messages and did a quick google search and came up empty.
    >
    > Hints please. Any GPS units that I should consider based on
    > price/features would be a bonus.

    Take a look at the "photofusion" feature of the TopoFusion software:
    http://topofusion.com/

    DR

    Dirtroadie, Oct 9, 2005