    but I do like a few little options and some video, but also I really
    like Geotagging. I like also how the camera is physically small.

    Thank you

    Anthony, May 16, 2012

  2. Anthony

    MG Guest

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    news:jov5m2$t1q$...
    > I'm in the market for a new camera, and I think that I would like one with
    > a GPS built in.
    >
    > I have heard good things about the Cannon SX230, and would be interested
    > to communicate with owners of this camera, to see what they like and
    > dislike.

    I don't know this camera at all. Note that there is a new model out, so if
    you do go for the 230 make sure you get a good price.

    http://www.dpreview.com/products/co...products=canon_sx240hs&products=canon_sx260hs

    --
    MG

    MG, May 16, 2012

  3. Anthony

    norm Guest

    On Tue, 15 May 2012 20:07:42 -0700, Anthony <>
    wrote:

    >I'm in the market for a new camera, and I think that I would like one
    >with a GPS built in.
    >
    >I have heard good things about the Cannon SX230, and would be interested
    >to communicate with owners of this camera, to see what they like and
    >dislike. This model gets good reviews, but I like to know more candid
    >information because I know that online reviews can be faked.
    >
    >Also, I am interested to know what anybody else thinks about this model,
    >and about GPS cameras at all.
    >
    >My requirements are very simple, I do not need complex and many options,
    >but I do like a few little options and some video, but also I really
    >like Geotagging. I like also how the camera is physically small.
    >
    >Thank you

    got this 4 xmas present.
    not used GPS much but no problems there.
    What really annoys me is the poor battery life, you really need at
    least one spare: at least Amazon finds cheap ones.
    (OT but why dont cameras have auto macro?)

    norm, May 16, 2012
  4. norm <> wrote:

    > (OT but why dont cameras have auto macro?)

    Because CDAF would then not only take years, butr geological ages.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 18, 2012