    additional research in this subject for this particular exam is worthwhile.

    Comments would be appreciated.

    Bill Henry MCP/A+/Net+

    New_cb, Aug 18, 2004

  2. New_cb

    TechGeekPro Guest

    TechGeekPro, Aug 18, 2004

  3. New_cb

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    New_cb <> wrote in
    news:_8KUc.4424$:

    > Hello! For a variety of reasons (clients, needs, blah blah blah) I am
    > somewhat stuck in studying for the 70-215. At present, I have the
    > latest transcender software for the above exam, and it has a number of
    > questions relating to GPO's, implementation, etc. However, on
    > Micro$ofts site, the description of skills measured does not indicate
    > that much of the exam actually deals with the implementation and
    > configuration of GPO's etc. That seems to be more the 70-218 line of
    > exam. Has anyone done the 70-215, and if so, was there much coverage
    > of GPO's and the like? I just want to know if doing much by way of
    > additional research in this subject for this particular exam is
    > worthwhile.
    >
    > Comments would be appreciated.
    >
    > Bill Henry MCP/A+/Net+

    Preparation Guide for Exam 70-217

    RY

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 18, 2004
  4. New_cb

    beoweolf Guest

    If you are trying to find the easiest way, minimum output necessary to pass
    the exam...you "may" get by with a cursory knowledge of GPO. Mainly because
    most Admins are afraid of the subject. GPO's are your friend, a few hours,
    now, of studying GPO's, policies, software updates and remote install will
    save you countless hours of dreaded "face time" with users, additionally it
    will impress your boss and the ladies.

    So, in your case...I would just learn enough to get by...let someone else do
    the researh and detail work of learning how to actually administer a
    system, its much easier and looks more important when you are constantly
    running from desk to desk putting out fires, saving the day and reaping
    praise from your peers.

    There is no glamor in a clean running system that properly configured. It
    looks too easy.
    ..

    beoweolf, Aug 19, 2004
  5. New_cb

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "beoweolf" <> wrote in news:dGTUc.7582$z12.5846
    @newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

    > There is no glamor in a clean running system that properly configured. It
    > looks too easy.

    ah, but that's where the famous "pull-at-random-a-network-cable-out-of-the-
    switch" routine comes in handy. just to remind 'em why they pay you the big
    bucks.

    :)

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 19, 2004
  6. New_cb

    Modgeek Guest

    I think you should study for the new MCSE on Server 2003,
    that way you have an up to date cert. And when you know
    2003 you know 2000 and more.

    Modgeek A+/Mcsa/net+/security+/ccna/

    Modgeek, Aug 19, 2004

  7. >-----Original Message-----
    >Hello! For a variety of reasons (clients, needs, blah

    blah blah) I am
    >somewhat stuck in studying for the 70-215. At present, I

    have the
    >latest transcender software for the above exam, and it has

    a number of
    >questions relating to GPO's, implementation, etc.

    However, on
    >Micro$ofts site, the description of skills measured does

    not indicate
    >that much of the exam actually deals with the

    implementation and
    >configuration of GPO's etc. That seems to be more the

    70-218 line of
    >exam. Has anyone done the 70-215, and if so, was there

    much coverage of
    >GPO's and the like? I just want to know if doing much by

    way of
    >additional research in this subject for this particular

    exam is worthwhile.

    >Comments would be appreciated.
    >
    >Bill Henry MCP/A+/Net+
    >
    >.

    I havent taken the 70-215, but when I took the 70-294 I
    had lot of questions on GPO's especially on like
    inheiritance and overrides and a few on loopback, and
    software deployment.

    You know its one thing to study for an exam to pass for
    cert, and another to study for your career to pass and exam
    for cert. This is what seperates the real MCSE's from the
    other MCSE's, its one thing to have the MCSE and know what
    you are doing and the just study for the exam MCSE's. Its
    amazing how many MCSE's I have come in contact with that
    still dont know how to format a hard disk in DOS, or know
    that the first DC created in a new domain in by default a
    Primary PDC Emulator.

    RE:GPO's and the like, Aug 19, 2004
  8. New_cb

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates
    <> spewed in

    > ah, but that's where the famous
    > "pull-at-random-a-network-cable-out-of-the- switch" routine comes in
    > handy.

    feh, far more fun to randomly-stop-services. "What's that? Your App is
    down? I'll take a look right now!"

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 19, 2004
  9. New_cb

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "beoweolf" <> spewed in

    > So, in your case...I would just learn enough to get by...

    at a BK...repeat after me: "would you like fries with that?"

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 19, 2004
  10. New_cb

    D Guest

    D, Aug 19, 2004
  11. New_cb

    New_cb Guest

    Yes. No argument regarding learning for the real world vs. passing
    tests. Too, doing the 2003 server exam - better long-term.

    The matter of GPO's is starting to look less daunting (managed to dig
    around, find quick and dirty ref. work on them for overview sake). I
    have a book for the 70-218, and two of the chapters deal with it rather
    nicely.

    Thanks for the help - I should (hopefully) be able to write the 70-215
    by the end of September.

    theNut

    New_cb, Aug 20, 2004