    These problems have been consistent with both XP Pro and 2003 Server
    operating system installations on my Athlon x64 hardware.

    Ron

    =?Utf-8?B?WWUgT2xkZSBCdXp6YXJk?=, Feb 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WWUgT2xkZSBCdXp6YXJk?=

    Rick Guest

    Since the documentation is dated 2003, I think you must have .Net 1.1
    installed. You can have both installed and programs will utilize the
    version they are written to use.

    Rick, Feb 24, 2006

  3. FIXED IT!!!

    Never thought of putting "both" in... This has bugged me for months now.

    THANKS,
    Ron

    =?Utf-8?B?WWUgT2xkZSBCdXp6YXJk?=, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Close anyway!! -- The GPMC console appears now and displays proper
    information - but when I try to actually 'edit' an entry it still returns
    "gpedit.msc not found". gpedit.msc is located in the usual
    <\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32> directory and runs when called from a command line, but
    that is only the "local' version - not the AD group policy I need to edit.
    The x86 boxes I created the AD policy I'm trying to change worked correctly.

    Any further ideas???

    Thanks,
    Ron

    =?Utf-8?B?WWUgT2xkZSBCdXp6YXJk?=, Feb 27, 2006