    http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gparted/gparted-livecd-0.3.4-0.iso
    but at a painful 4.8 - 5k/sec.

    Anyone had better success with this?
    GraB, Mar 2, 2007

  2. GraB wrote:
    > I saw an article in the latest APC mag about gparted Linux
    > partitioning tool so thought I would give it a go.
    >
    > When I went to the page on sourceforge. net for the LiveCD version
    > (there is a USB version too)
    > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=115843&package_id=173828
    > and clicked the download, in Firefox, it downloaded for ages without
    > anything being visible in the usual download locations and it seemed
    > to be taking up most resources so that the window would remain blank
    > for a long time if I had left and come back to it. Whats up with
    > this? It wasn't much better in Opera 9 except you could see the page
    > filling up with 'code'.
    >
    > I tried a download manager, FDM, and that just downloaded a .php file
    > but GetRight started downloading
    > http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gparted/gparted-livecd-0.3.4-0.iso
    > but at a painful 4.8 - 5k/sec.
    >
    > Anyone had better success with this?

    Yeah, that break iceweasel for me too. A rather effective DoS.

    I 'right click save as'ed on the link to the download mirror at

    > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=115843&package_id=173828&release_id=489743

    and it's saving a 49MB file, not fast but.
    Mark Robinson, Mar 2, 2007

  3. GraB

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:02:35 +1300, GraB wrote:

    > I saw an article in the latest APC mag about gparted Linux
    > partitioning tool so thought I would give it a go.
    >
    > When I went to the page on sourceforge. net for the LiveCD version
    > (there is a USB version too)
    > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=115843&package_id=173828
    > and clicked the download, in Firefox, it downloaded for ages without
    > anything being visible in the usual download locations and it seemed
    > to be taking up most resources so that the window would remain blank
    > for a long time if I had left and come back to it. Whats up with
    > this? It wasn't much better in Opera 9 except you could see the page
    > filling up with 'code'.
    >
    > I tried a download manager, FDM, and that just downloaded a .php file
    > but GetRight started downloading
    > http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gparted/gparted-livecd-0.3.4-0.iso
    > but at a painful 4.8 - 5k/sec.
    >
    > Anyone had better success with this?

    Check the SystemRescue CD at http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page .
    This one has saved my bacon a couple of times.
    Roger_Nickel, Mar 2, 2007