    The Government is pressing ahead with plans to reallocate spectrum in
    the 2.3GHz band, despite the protests of existing licence holder
    Woosh, which is screaming blue murder.

    Mutlley, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Mutlley

    steve Guest

    Mutlley wrote:

    > Government deaf to Woosh's WiMax plea
    >
    > By TOM PULLAR-STRECKER
    >
    > The Government is pressing ahead with plans to reallocate spectrum in
    > the 2.3GHz band, despite the protests of existing licence holder
    > Woosh, which is screaming blue murder.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3725769a28,00.html

    A tough call.

    That spectrum has been allocated for some time now and it has not been made
    good use of from the Government's point of view. The services promised for
    it simply aren't there for most people.

    Sure.....Whoosh says the hardware that can actually USE a 128MHz block of
    frequency will be available "next year". How long have they already held
    that frequency?

    The Government clearly wants to make more lots of frequency available to
    more providers at a cheaper rpice - for the benefit of all of us.

    That will help under-capitalised players like Whoosh, too.

    They might be able to afford to actually build something.

    steve, Jul 10, 2006

  3. Mutlley

    Vista Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > Government deaf to Woosh's WiMax plea
    >
    > By TOM PULLAR-STRECKER
    >
    > The Government is pressing ahead with plans to reallocate spectrum in
    > the 2.3GHz band, despite the protests of existing licence holder
    > Woosh, which is screaming blue murder.
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3725769a28,00.html

    Woosh hasn't expanded enough, and quickly enough. I am in an urban part of
    Wellington, and still can't get it despite contacting them a couple of years
    ago, and them telling me that it would be available in my area eventually.

    Vista, Jul 10, 2006