    AND
    16 hours of phone service in the event of a power blackout.

    This is the first time I have heard of these two promises.

    Rick Merrill, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Rick Merrill

    Vox Humana Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Gota call from an internet (ISP) company that
    > promises TRUE Enhanced 911 (you say nada but your address
    > shows on your local responder's console)
    > AND
    > 16 hours of phone service in the event of a power blackout.
    >
    > This is the first time I have heard of these two promises.

    How could a VOIP provider promise phone service during a blackout if they
    didn't also own and operate your internet service provider? The last
    blackout we had was due to a downed tree that took out all the utilities -
    cable, phone, and electric. Even the phone company could provide E911 under
    those circumstances.

    Vox Humana, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Vox Humana wrote:

    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Gota call from an internet (ISP) company that
    >>promises TRUE Enhanced 911 (you say nada but your address
    >>shows on your local responder's console)
    >>AND
    >>16 hours of phone service in the event of a power blackout.
    >>
    >>This is the first time I have heard of these two promises.
    >>

    > How could a VOIP provider promise phone service during a blackout if they
    > didn't also own and operate your internet service provider?

    An ISP IS an internet provider.

    > The last
    > blackout we had was due to a downed tree that took out all the utilities -
    > cable, phone, and electric. Even the phone company could provide E911 under
    > those circumstances.

    I think you omitted the word "not".

    Rick Merrill, Sep 24, 2005