    have seen has been very impressive. I am presently using pcAnywhere 11.00
    and it does slow up the system and it does nort seem as good as gotomy pc.
    Thanks to all for you help and promptness. Tommy
    Tommy, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Tommy

    RAM Guest

    Go for it. I have been using it for over a year now and find it very useful
    and does the job without any problems.

    PRO: EASY TO USE AND DOES WHAT IT SAYS
    CON: BETTER TO USE OVER BROADBAND CONNECTION

    RAM, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Tommy

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Tommy" <> wrote in message
    > I have looked into gotomypc for my office. I do know citrix took this
    > company over. Can you please tell me the pro and cons of gotomypc. What I
    > have seen has been very impressive. I am presently using pcAnywhere 11.00
    > and it does slow up the system and it does nort seem as good as gotomy pc.
    > Thanks to all for you help and promptness. Tommy

    gotomypc relays all the traffic through their server, unless they've changed
    things - so bear in mind that a third party *could* be gaining access to
    your confidential info.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Tommy

    Mark Shaw Guest

    "Tommy" <> wrote in message
    > I have looked into gotomypc for my office. I do know citrix took this
    > company over. Can you please tell me the pro and cons of gotomypc. What I
    > have seen has been very impressive. I am presently using pcAnywhere 11.00
    > and it does slow up the system and it does nort seem as good as gotomy pc.
    > Thanks to all for you help and promptness. Tommy

    I use TightVNC, a variant of the VNC type of remote control programs. Its
    all totally free.
    Mark Shaw, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Tommy

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Tommy mused:

    | I have looked into gotomypc for my office. I do know citrix took this
    | company over. Can you please tell me the pro and cons of gotomypc. What I
    | have seen has been very impressive. I am presently using pcAnywhere 11.00
    | and it does slow up the system and it does nort seem as good as gotomy pc.
    | Thanks to all for you help and promptness. Tommy

    I have had good experiences with GOTOMYPC ... however, I have found it a
    bit tedious to get connected. Mostly, we use UltraVNC ... www.ultravnc.com
    .... which is free, allows file transfers, and has a plugins to 128-bit
    encrypt connections.
    mhicaoidh, Sep 29, 2004