Got the MCDST cert!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DebB, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. DebB

    DebB Guest

    Friday last I got my MCDST cert! Thank you, thank you everyone :). If
    you've got any questions fire away.

    Thanks to everyone who gave me input on questions I had. Just reading the
    newsgroup was invaluable.

    Essentially I thought the 272 exam was harder (by far the most boring
    anyway). I only got 781 which surprised me because I'm usually a higher
    achiever than that. I didn't study as much for the 272 as I did for the 271
    (866 score), and this is no doubt the reason.

    The questions were a broad and even mixture of all the subject areas. A bit
    of overlap on the 271, but not too bad.

    I'm selling my MCDST books on Ebay (Aus residents only sorry) so if you're
    interested let me know and I'll post a 'new post' here, with the link, in a
    day or two. If this promotion offends you please keep in mind others might
    be in NEED of second hand books due to their financial situation. I only
    seek to give them the opportunity to acquire them at a fair price.

    DebB (ebay - debgary465)

    DebB, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Cheer~~~~
    Yes, i also feel that 272 is harder then 271...(you can see my post few day
    ago)
    i am thinking of go for CompTIA A+ or not, how about you, which cert you are
    going on?

    =Zero@HK=ASP.NET/VB, Aug 29, 2005

  3. DebB

    DebB Guest

    Hi, The welcome kit is not a diploma but just some stuff to show off your
    pass in 272 exam. This entitles you with the qualification MCP (Microsoft
    Certified Professional). You'll need 271 before you become a fully qualified
    MCDST (it's not a diploma, but a 'certification'):).

    DebB

    "=Zero@HK=ASP.NET/VB" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    DebB, Aug 29, 2005
  4. DebB

    Sal F Guest

    For those of you who said 70-272 was harder...do you handle desktop support
    now with these applications? I work with them every day and am finding the
    studying not as challenging as for the first exam.

    Sal F, Aug 29, 2005
  5. DebB

    Andy H Guest

    suprised you thought 272 was hard - I got 100% on it first time.
    My exam prep was 271 which I took on Monday (899) and the "free" measureup
    q's that ms are doing. Took me all day to go through the 175 q's on tuesday
    and took the exam wednesday morning.

    Andy H, Sep 1, 2005
  6. DebB

    CBIC Guest

    Andy H wrote:
    > suprised you thought 272 was hard - I got 100% on it first time.

    Just curious, how do you know that you scored 100%?
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Sep 1, 2005
  7. DebB

    Andy H Guest

    because every single question was correct and all the bar charts in the test
    results were completely black.

    Andy H, Sep 1, 2005