    the click speed at very fast. So far so good but still too early to tell if
    I will have problems. Oh well. At least I have the cute mouse pad! And
    another mouse coming so I'll have a spare.
    Julie Bove, Jul 15, 2011

  2. "Julie Bove" <> wrote in message
    news:ivobui$m6d$...
    > Went to Staples and got a Logitech for about $15. I wanted a corded one
    > because of previous experience (bad) with a cordless one. I didn't have
    > the problems but my husband did. However this was back when they were
    > new. There was some sort of controller with an antennae on it and he was
    > forever blocking it so the mouse didn't get the signal. He is also not
    > careful with things and was always losing the mouse. Then he would freak
    > when the batteries would die. However it appears that the mice these days
    > do not have that controller. Can anyone tell me one way or the other?
    >
    > Anyway... This mouse seems to be a lot more responsive than the other new
    > one I just took off the computer. I have the mouse set at medium speed
    > and the click speed at very fast. So far so good but still too early to
    > tell if I will have problems. Oh well. At least I have the cute mouse
    > pad! And another mouse coming so I'll have a spare.

    You only have a spare if it works reliably. From your previous post, I have
    no choice but to think the other mouse is a piece of crap, and you should
    run, not walk, to the nearest trash bin and drop it in.
    Jeff Strickland, Jul 15, 2011

  3. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "Julie Bove" <> wrote in message
    >> Went to Staples and got a Logitech for about $15. I wanted a corded one
    >> because of previous experience (bad) with a cordless one. I didn't have
    >> the problems but my husband did. However this was back when they were
    >> new. There was some sort of controller with an antennae on it and he was
    >> forever blocking it so the mouse didn't get the signal. He is also not
    >> careful with things and was always losing the mouse. Then he would freak
    >> when the batteries would die. However it appears that the mice these
    >> days do not have that controller. Can anyone tell me one way or the
    >> other?
    >>
    >> Anyway... This mouse seems to be a lot more responsive than the other
    >> new one I just took off the computer. I have the mouse set at medium
    >> speed and the click speed at very fast. So far so good but still too
    >> early to tell if I will have problems. Oh well. At least I have the
    >> cute mouse pad! And another mouse coming so I'll have a spare.
    >>

    > You only have a spare if it works reliably. From your previous post, I
    > have no choice but to think the other mouse is a piece of crap, and you
    > should run, not walk, to the nearest trash bin and drop it in.

    No, no. I ordered one from Walmart and it isn't arrived yet. So I will
    have a spare. The one I just bought seems to be working fine.
    Julie Bove, Jul 15, 2011
  4. Julie Bove

    Paul Guest

    Julie Bove wrote:
    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >> "Julie Bove" <> wrote in message
    >>> Went to Staples and got a Logitech for about $15. I wanted a corded one
    >>> because of previous experience (bad) with a cordless one. I didn't have
    >>> the problems but my husband did. However this was back when they were
    >>> new. There was some sort of controller with an antennae on it and he was
    >>> forever blocking it so the mouse didn't get the signal. He is also not
    >>> careful with things and was always losing the mouse. Then he would freak
    >>> when the batteries would die. However it appears that the mice these
    >>> days do not have that controller. Can anyone tell me one way or the
    >>> other?
    >>>
    >>> Anyway... This mouse seems to be a lot more responsive than the other
    >>> new one I just took off the computer. I have the mouse set at medium
    >>> speed and the click speed at very fast. So far so good but still too
    >>> early to tell if I will have problems. Oh well. At least I have the
    >>> cute mouse pad! And another mouse coming so I'll have a spare.
    >>>

    >> You only have a spare if it works reliably. From your previous post, I
    >> have no choice but to think the other mouse is a piece of crap, and you
    >> should run, not walk, to the nearest trash bin and drop it in.

    > No, no. I ordered one from Walmart and it isn't arrived yet. So I will
    > have a spare. The one I just bought seems to be working fine.

    They have an amazing collection of mice listed on the Walmart site.

    Their purchaser must be a little nutty, to put so many in the list.

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 15, 2011
  5. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Julie Bove wrote:
    >> "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Julie Bove" <> wrote in message

    >>> You only have a spare if it works reliably. From your previous post, I
    >>> have no choice but to think the other mouse is a piece of crap, and you
    >>> should run, not walk, to the nearest trash bin and drop it in.

    >> No, no. I ordered one from Walmart and it isn't arrived yet. So I will
    >> have a spare. The one I just bought seems to be working fine.

    > They have an amazing collection of mice listed on the Walmart site.
    >
    > Their purchaser must be a little nutty, to put so many in the list.

    That's what I thought! But oddly none are listed as available in the store.
    Julie Bove, Jul 15, 2011
  6. Julie Bove snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    >> Julie Bove wrote:
    >>> "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    >>> No, no. I ordered one from Walmart and it isn't arrived yet. So I will
    >>> have a spare. The one I just bought seems to be working fine.

    >> They have an amazing collection of mice listed on the Walmart site.
    >>
    >> Their purchaser must be a little nutty, to put so many in the list.

    > That's what I thought! But oddly none are listed as available in the store.

    back to school specials???

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because
    you might not get there."
    - Yogi Berra
    James D Andrews, Jul 15, 2011
  7. James D Andrews wrote:
    > Julie Bove snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    >> "Paul" <> wrote in message

    >>> They have an amazing collection of mice listed on the Walmart site.
    >>>
    >>> Their purchaser must be a little nutty, to put so many in the list.

    >> That's what I thought! But oddly none are listed as available in the
    >> store.

    > back to school specials???

    Wallyworld has a decent ship to store and ship to door service. I
    bought a logitech mouse last summer, only one AA battery and it lasted 9
    months. Pretty handy to use on the computer connected to the big screen
    from across the room. They have improved a lot and the wireless
    keyboards also.
    Fat-Dumb and Happy, Jul 17, 2011