    or DVD drive, keyboard and MS Mouse or compatible pointing device.

    Obviously, the system BIOS and chipset must also support x64, all 64-bit
    drivers, etc. as with the server version...
    Randy, May 15, 2005

  2. Yeah, it is possible to do an in place upgrade with full version.

    Heres a question:
    Why did the 64 bit Itanium Edition of Windows XP require a minimum of 1GB of
    RAM?
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2005

  3. Randy

    Randy Guest

    No idea, I'm not up on Itanium stuff.

    Server 2003 x64 requires 512M, so I'm just assuming each more complex OS
    requires double the RAM... that seems to be the way prior OSes have worked.
    More kernel and core components/services, more memory required.

    Randy, May 15, 2005
  4. whats the link so i can check my order status please ?

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 16, 2005
  5. Randy

    Randy Guest

    I don't know, sorry. I just waited until it arrived, which took right at
    three weeks from when I ordered it, the day after it was made available
    online, and just over two weeks later than it took to get the server
    version... emails had said XP Pro version would be out around the end of
    May, so I was surprised it came already.

    I can tell you that I did check the status page a few days after ordering
    and it gave me an error message, not very useful. I may have used the
    exchange page instead of the timed-trial page by mistake. It didn't
    recognize my order number.

    Randy, May 17, 2005