    your distant relative are yapping for free :) anyhow I wonder how the phone
    companies will deal with this? they are going to lose the 30-40 a month in
    longdistance calls from us.
    Hugo Drax, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Hugo Drax

    root Guest

    Hugo Drax wrote:

    > Ordered them and got them rather quickly. they sure work as advertized.
    > Plug it into your network and a few seconds later you get a call back from
    > sipphones system to verify operations. Phones come with a sticker with
    > your number and account password. not bad great concept. 129 bucks and you
    > and your distant relative are yapping for free :) anyhow I wonder how the
    > phone companies will deal with this? they are going to lose the 30-40 a
    > month in longdistance calls from us.

    Before the VoIP, phone companies had charged tremendous amount for long
    distant calls. These days, due to VoIP and most long distant companies have
    implemented, they still charge a whoping price. It is true that the
    telephone companies will lost money in this business; however, with VoIP
    technology, it merely costs the long-distant companies next to nothing to
    operate the calls, yet charge a whoping price to cover the losts.

    --
    root
    root, Oct 8, 2003