Got my D200 today

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tony Verhulst, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

    Tony Verhulst, Dec 15, 2005

  2. "Tony Verhulst" <> wrote in message
    news:dnsqni$s18$...
    >I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

    They all do, right out of the box.

    Charles Schuler, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Tony Verhulst

    Pod Guest

    "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message

    > "Tony Verhulst" <> wrote in message
    >>I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

    > They all do, right out of the box.

    You're a Canon asshole, right?

    Pod, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Tony Verhulst wrote:
    > I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

    Then be aware that if our magazines don't get a D200 to test in January,
    some sort of fee awaits anyone able to send me top quality (good lens,
    high detail content into corners, etc) sample raw files.

    The very least on offer is a free subscription for a file to examine and
    not reproduce.

    David
    f2photo.co.uk

    David Kilpatrick, Dec 16, 2005
  5. Tony Verhulst

    Darrell Guest

    >I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

    Seems like Canada does't get the D200 so the USA can get them first.

    Darrell, Dec 16, 2005
  6. Tony Verhulst

    Skip M Guest

    "Pod" <> wrote in message

    > "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Tony Verhulst" <> wrote in message
    >>>I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

    >> They all do, right out of the box.
    >>

    > You're a Canon asshole, right?

    You ever seen a camera that didn't look good, right out of the box? ;-)

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Dec 16, 2005
  7. Tony Verhulst

    Cynicor Guest

    Darrell wrote:
    > "Tony Verhulst" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.

    > Seems like Canada does't get the D200 so the USA can get them first.

    And what's the downside to this?

    Cynicor, Dec 16, 2005
  8. "Skip M" <> wrote:

    > You ever seen a camera that didn't look good, right out of the box? ;-)

    Holga, Kiev, and Olympus dSLRs come to mind...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 16, 2005
  9. Tony Verhulst

    Mark² Guest

    Pod wrote:
    > "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Tony Verhulst" <> wrote in message
    >>> I just picked it up at ritz and it looks great! I can't wait to
    >>> try it.

    >> They all do, right out of the box.
    >>

    > You're a Canon asshole, right?

    Would this mean you're an anti-Canon arse?

    Mark², Dec 16, 2005
  10. Tony Verhulst

    cjcampbell Guest

    Now, let's not get started with the Canon fodder jokes.

    cjcampbell, Dec 16, 2005
  11. Tony Verhulst

    Basic Wedge Guest

    "Cynicor" wrote ...
    > Darrell wrote:
    >> Seems like Canada does't get the D200 so the USA can get them first.

    > And what's the downside to this?

    Well, since you asked... the downside is that Nikon might be perceived as
    not showing support for a market that has continued to give them strong
    support. While sales of Nikon products may have slipped in other world
    markets, they have continued to do very well in Canada.

    Rob

    Basic Wedge, Dec 16, 2005
  12. Tony Verhulst

    Cynicor Guest

    Basic Wedge wrote:
    > "Cynicor" wrote ...
    >
    >>Darrell wrote:
    >>
    >>>Seems like Canada does't get the D200 so the USA can get them first.

    >>And what's the downside to this?

    > Well, since you asked... the downside is that Nikon might be perceived as
    > not showing support for a market that has continued to give them strong
    > support. While sales of Nikon products may have slipped in other world
    > markets, they have continued to do very well in Canada.

    Yeah, but where do you plug the battery recharger into your igloo?

    Cynicor, Dec 16, 2005
  13. "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > Basic Wedge wrote:

    SNIP
    >> While sales of Nikon products may have slipped in other world
    >> markets, they have continued to do very well in Canada.

    > Yeah, but where do you plug the battery recharger into your igloo?

    You seem confused by the size of Canada, the second largest country in
    the world. The majority of its southern border is approx. at the same
    49 degrees latitude as the northern edge of Paris/France, and its most
    southern latitude is similar to the latitude of the norther part of
    Spain and Portugal.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Dec 16, 2005
  14. Tony Verhulst

    Cynicor Guest

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > "Cynicor" <> wrote:
    >> Basic Wedge wrote:

    > SNIP
    >
    >>> While sales of Nikon products may have slipped in other world
    >>> markets, they have continued to do very well in Canada.

    >> Yeah, but where do you plug the battery recharger into your igloo?

    > You seem confused by the size of Canada, the second largest country in
    > the world. The majority of its southern border is approx. at the same 49
    > degrees latitude as the northern edge of Paris/France, and its most
    > southern latitude is similar to the latitude of the norther part of
    > Spain and Portugal.

    I know all of that. It's just that Canadians are sooooo cute when they
    take mild offense! :D

    And NYC is the same latitude as Portugal. That only affects sunrise
    times, not weather conditions!

    Cynicor, Dec 16, 2005
  15. "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > I know all of that. It's just that Canadians are sooooo cute when
    > they take mild offense! :D

    Wouldn't know, I'm from the Netherlands (winters not cold enough for
    serious igloos ;-) ).

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Dec 16, 2005
  16. Tony Verhulst

    phk Guest

    Maybe you lucky Canadians won't have to bother with the first round of
    firmware downloads and battery recalls. Your glass is half full.

    phk, Dec 16, 2005
  17. Tony Verhulst

    Skip M Guest

    "Basic Wedge" <> wrote in message

    > "Cynicor" wrote ...
    >> Darrell wrote:
    >>> Seems like Canada does't get the D200 so the USA can get them first.

    >> And what's the downside to this?

    > Well, since you asked... the downside is that Nikon might be perceived as
    > not showing support for a market that has continued to give them strong
    > support. While sales of Nikon products may have slipped in other world
    > markets, they have continued to do very well in Canada.
    >
    > Rob

    That's ok, Canada, and the rest of the world, got the Canon 5D before the US
    did, so maybe Nikon's just trying to address the inequity.

    Skip M, Dec 16, 2005
  18. Tony Verhulst

    SMS Guest

    phk wrote:
    > Maybe you lucky Canadians won't have to bother with the first round of
    > firmware downloads and battery recalls. Your glass is half full.

    Amazing how digital SLRs have become like motor vehicles, with the
    better quality production units becoming available after production has
    been going on for a while. Yet despite that, clueless people rush to buy
    the latest model the instant it comes on the market.

    SMS, Dec 16, 2005
  19. Tony Verhulst

    SMS Guest

    Cynicor wrote:

    > I know all of that. It's just that Canadians are sooooo cute when they
    > take mild offense! :D

    Ey?

    SMS, Dec 16, 2005
  20. Tony Verhulst

    Proconsul Guest

    On 2005-12-16 04:10:52 -0800, "Basic Wedge" <> said:

    > "Cynicor" wrote ...
    >> Darrell wrote:
    >>> Seems like Canada does't get the D200 so the USA can get them first.

    >> And what's the downside to this?

    > Well, since you asked... the downside is that Nikon might be perceived
    > as not showing support for a market that has continued to give them
    > strong support. While sales of Nikon products may have slipped in other
    > world markets, they have continued to do very well in Canada.

    I suspect they won't send too many to Mongolia either.....

    The Canadian market, compared to the US market, is miniscule - no
    rocket science involved. You go where the money is - and that's just
    good business....!

    PC

    Proconsul, Dec 16, 2005