Got it!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by philo, Mar 19, 2012.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    philo, Mar 19, 2012

  2. philo

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    > On 2012-03-19 18:26 , philo wrote:
    > > The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    > > want to be seen so she took my picture.
    > >
    > > NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    > > was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    > > capabilites.
    > >
    > > http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/374503_396736680353707_100000521360
    > > 508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg

    > Bzzt. Link don't link.

    yes it does.

    nospam, Mar 19, 2012

  3. philo

    Nick Fotis Guest

    Nick Fotis, Mar 19, 2012
  4. philo

    philo Guest

    philo, Mar 19, 2012
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/19/2012 06:28 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012-03-19 19:21 , philo wrote:

    >>> In Mozilla Thunderbird it works.
    >>>
    >>> N.F.
    >>>

    >> it works for me but I have also posted it here
    >>
    >> https://picasaweb.google.com/philo565/Lytro?authkey=Gv1sRgCOztqd2x1pPsiAE#5721750835746286962
    >>

    > That I get - but is that just a photo of the screen?
    >
    > Who's the handsome bastard?

    Yes...since I do not have a new enough Mac to run the software
    i just took a photo of the screen...so the actual image will of course
    be better

    I am still waiting to hear from my friend with a Mac who will let me try
    the camera out at his place. If I like the results I will probably get a
    Mini Mac

    I did not see anyone handsome in the photo though,
    just an old bastard :)

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo, Mar 19, 2012
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/19/2012 06:28 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012-03-19 19:16 , Nick Fotis wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Bzzt. Link don't link.
    >>>

    >> In Mozilla Thunderbird it works.

    > That's what I'm using. More to the point I'm manually copying the link
    > to 3 browsers from the source.

    Don't know what went wrong.

    BTW: the camera is *tiny*

    1.5" x 1.5" x 4.25"

    I should easily be able to shoot unobserved

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo, Mar 19, 2012
  7. philo

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/19/2012 6:26 PM, philo wrote:
    > The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    > want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >

    > NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    > was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    > capabilites.
    >

    > http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg

    Enjoy

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 20, 2012
  8. philo

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/19/2012 6:37 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2012-03-19 18:26 , philo wrote:
    >> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >>

    >> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >> capabilites.
    >>

    >> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg
    >>

    > Bzzt. Link don't link.

    did for me

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 20, 2012
  9. philo

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:37:10 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:
    : On 2012-03-19 18:26 , philo wrote:
    : > The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    : > want to be seen so she took my picture.
    : >
    : >
    : > NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    : > was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    : > capabilites.
    : >
    : >
    : > http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg
    :
    : Bzzt. Link don't link.

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwnk!! It does for me.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Mar 20, 2012
  10. philo

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:43:52 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:
    : On 2012-03-19 18:39 , nospam wrote:
    : > In article<>, Alan Browne
    : > <> wrote:
    : >
    : >> On 2012-03-19 18:26 , philo wrote:
    : >>> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    : >>> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    : >>>
    : >>> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    : >>> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    : >>> capabilites.
    : >>>
    : >>> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/374503_396736680353707_100000521360
    : >>> 508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg
    : >>
    : >> Bzzt. Link don't link.
    : >
    : > yes it does.
    :
    : Even delving into the page source to copy a clean link, it does not load
    : in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

    Aha!! That's your problem! It works fine with IE9. (May work great with IE8. I
    didn't try that.)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Mar 20, 2012
  11. Alan Browne <> writes:

    > On 2012-03-19 18:39 , nospam wrote:
    >> In article<>, Alan Browne
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Bzzt. Link don't link.

    >> yes it does.

    > Pasted it 3 ways - won't link.

    Loads fine in Firefox with the obvious edit -- I had to rejoin where the
    lines split of course.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

    David Dyer-Bennet, Mar 20, 2012
  12. "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > On 2012-03-19 18:26 , philo wrote:
    >> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >>

    >> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this
    >> photo
    >> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >> capabilites.
    >>

    >> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg

    > Bzzt. Link don't link.

    Works perfectly in Firefox on Windows.

    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 20, 2012
  13. philo

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:30:42 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:43:52 -0400, Alan Browne
    ><> wrote:
    >: On 2012-03-19 18:39 , nospam wrote:
    >: > In article<>, Alan Browne
    >: > <> wrote:
    >: >
    >: >> On 2012-03-19 18:26 , philo wrote:
    >: >>> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >: >>> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >: >>>
    >: >>> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >: >>> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >: >>> capabilites.
    >: >>>
    >: >>> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg
    >: >>
    >: >> Bzzt. Link don't link.
    >: >
    >: > yes it does.
    >:
    >: Even delving into the page source to copy a clean link, it does not load
    >: in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
    >
    >Aha!! That's your problem! It works fine with IE9. (May work great with IE8. I
    >didn't try that.)

    Works fine in Firefox for me. Looks like it was shot through a screen
    door, though.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 20, 2012
  14. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/20/2012 06:18 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:30:42 -0400, Robert Coe<> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:43:52 -0400, Alan Browne
    >> <> wrote:
    >> : On 2012-03-19 18:39 , nospam wrote:
    >> :> In article<>, Alan Browne
    >> :> <> wrote:
    >> :>
    >> :>> On 2012-03-19 18:26 , philo wrote:
    >> :>>> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >> :>>> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >> :>>>
    >> :>>> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >> :>>> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >> :>>> capabilites.
    >> :>>>
    >> :>>> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg
    >> :>>
    >> :>> Bzzt. Link don't link.
    >> :>
    >> :> yes it does.
    >> :
    >> : Even delving into the page source to copy a clean link, it does not load
    >> : in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
    >>
    >> Aha!! That's your problem! It works fine with IE9. (May work great with IE8. I
    >> didn't try that.)
    >>

    > Works fine in Firefox for me. Looks like it was shot through a screen
    > door, though.

    As I clearly stated...I do *not* yet have a computer to process the
    images...the photo I posted was simply a photo of the camera's viewing
    screen.

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo, Mar 20, 2012
  15. On 3/20/2012 9:27 AM, Bowser wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:26:08 -0500, philo<> wrote:
    >
    >> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >>

    >> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >> capabilites.
    >>

    >> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg

    > It loaded for me, but how can you really view it? What I see looks
    > like a 20 pixel image upressed to a few hundred pixels. Looks pretty
    > ugly.

    At the actual (guessed) size of the Lytro screen, the grid is not too
    intrusive but still visible.

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

    James Silverton, Mar 20, 2012
  16. philo

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 19, 6:26 pm, philo <> wrote:
    > The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    > want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >
    > NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    > was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    > capabilites.
    >
    > http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/374503_396736680353707_10000...
    >
    > --https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    Oh my God...I had a flashback to 2001 and my Olympus C-3040 P&S screen.

    RichA, Mar 20, 2012
  17. philo

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Mar 19, 6:26 pm, philo <> wrote:
    >> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >>
    >> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >> capabilites.
    >>
    >> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/374503_396736680353707_10000...
    >>
    >> --https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    >Oh my God...I had a flashback to 2001 and my Olympus C-3040 P&S screen.

    The main difference is that the Lytro images have about one third of
    the number of pixels that your C-3-40 had.

    Back to the future! ;-)

    Bruce, Mar 20, 2012
  18. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/20/2012 08:27 AM, Bowser wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:26:08 -0500, philo<> wrote:
    >
    >> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >>

    >> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >> capabilites.
    >>

    >> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg

    > It loaded for me, but how can you really view it? What I see looks
    > like a 20 pixel image upressed to a few hundred pixels. Looks pretty
    > ugly.

    For the 3rd time now

    I specifically said I do not yet have a Mac to process the images

    what I uploaded is merely a photo of the viewing screen

    or maybe when you said "ugly" you were just referring to my face :)

    BTW: I should have results this Sunday when I will have access to a Mac

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo, Mar 20, 2012
  19. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/20/2012 09:07 AM, James Silverton wrote:
    > On 3/20/2012 9:27 AM, Bowser wrote:
    >> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:26:08 -0500, philo<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >>> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >>>

    >>> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >>> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >>> capabilites.
    >>>

    >>> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...53707_100000521360508_1406506_886167468_n.jpg
    >>>

    >> It loaded for me, but how can you really view it? What I see looks
    >> like a 20 pixel image upressed to a few hundred pixels. Looks pretty
    >> ugly.

    > At the actual (guessed) size of the Lytro screen, the grid is not too
    > intrusive but still visible.

    I will be back Sunday (Hopefully) with actual images

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo, Mar 20, 2012
  20. philo

    philo Guest

    On 03/20/2012 11:31 AM, Bruce wrote:
    > RichA<> wrote:
    >> On Mar 19, 6:26 pm, philo<> wrote:
    >>> The Lytro just arrived...and here is the first photo. My wife did not
    >>> want to be seen so she took my picture.
    >>>
    >>> NOTE: I do not have a computer yet that can run the software, this photo
    >>> was taken from the viewing screen and in no way reflects the camera's
    >>> capabilites.
    >>>
    >>> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/374503_396736680353707_10000...
    >>>
    >>> --https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    >> Oh my God...I had a flashback to 2001 and my Olympus C-3040 P&S screen.

    > The main difference is that the Lytro images have about one third of
    > the number of pixels that your C-3-40 had.
    >
    > Back to the future! ;-)

    For the 4th time now...that is NOT the image from the Lytro

    it's only a picture of the viewing screen

    will you guys learn how to read

    sheesh

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686