Got it: D300 !!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sosumi, Dec 6, 2007.

  1. Sosumi

    Sosumi Guest

    Holy cow!
    Nikon went all the way with this one. Finally got it the end of the day. UPS
    trying to keep me on the edge of my seat all day.
    First impression: I'm even more impressed then I thought. Feels like a tank.
    Whole body seems/feels anti-slip rubber. The front and rear dial too.
    Either I'm imagening things or my 18-55 is really faster and more quiet? Is
    that possible?

    Now I got to print the manual, because I got mine from a French company and
    I can say the sweetest things in French, but reading a manual is something
    quite different.

    I really need the manual! There are so much functions on it, I wonder how
    many weeks it'll take to be able to use about 3o% reasonable easy..

    Now hopefully I get the grip soon...

    Oh, two things that cought my eye: the hotshoe cover is no longer and the
    shutter release is no longer chrome..

    --
    Sosumi

    Sosumi, Dec 6, 2007

  2. congrats, you got yourself an amazing camera ! (Im a Canonian btw).

    Thanks to Nikon for the D300, Canon was sleeping since the Rebel (300D).

    Yvon Travailler, Dec 6, 2007

  3. Sosumi

    C J Campbell Guest

    On 2007-12-06 11:54:49 -0800, "Sosumi" <> said:

    > I really need the manual! There are so much functions on it, I wonder how
    > many weeks it'll take to be able to use about 3o% reasonable easy..

    Thom Hogan's digital guide book might be worth getting. As soon as he
    is finished with it, anyway. His guide books are generally better
    organized and more complete than the manufacturers' manuals.
    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor

    C J Campbell, Dec 6, 2007