    Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if there is
    something I can use...)

    Mel
    MZB, Dec 26, 2005

  2. MZB

    Mark² Guest

    MZB wrote:
    > I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    >
    > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem
    > until today.
    >
    > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and
    > some ink got on my fingers.
    >
    > Soap and water don't do it.
    >
    > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not use
    > that on my hands.
    >
    > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if
    > there is something I can use...)

    Sand paper.
    :)
    Mark², Dec 26, 2005

  3. MZB

    Frank ess Guest

    MZB wrote:
    > I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    >
    > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem
    > until today.
    >
    > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and
    > some ink got on my fingers.
    >
    > Soap and water don't do it.
    >
    > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not
    > use
    > that on my hands.
    >
    > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if
    > there is something I can use...)
    >
    > Mel

    Time. The color will disappear as your body sloughs off its exterior
    protective layer.
    Frank ess, Dec 26, 2005
  4. MZB

    Crash Gordon Guest

    try hydrogen peroxide (the medicine cabinet stuff)...it works on blood,
    maybe it will work on ink.

    Crash Gordon, Dec 26, 2005
  5. MZB

    Pod Guest

    "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    >
    > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem until
    > today.
    >
    > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and some ink
    > got on my fingers.
    >
    > Soap and water don't do it.
    >
    > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not use that
    > on my hands.
    >
    > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if there is
    > something I can use...)
    >
    > Mel

    Cat urine.
    Pod, Dec 26, 2005
  6. I use "GoJo" hand cleaner. It is mainly used to remove grease after
    working on a car. It is sold in most auto parts stores.

    Michael Johnson, PE, Dec 26, 2005
  7. In article <%WZrf.1257$>,
    "Pod" <> wrote:

    > Cat urine.

    LOL - How about Pussy Pee? ;-)
    --
    Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
    a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 26, 2005
  8. MZB

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Frank ess wrote:

    > MZB wrote:
    > > I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    > >
    > > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem
    > > until today.
    > >
    > > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and
    > > some ink got on my fingers.
    > >
    > > Soap and water don't do it.
    > >
    > > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not
    > > use
    > > that on my hands.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if
    > > there is something I can use...)
    > >
    > > Mel

    > Time. The color will disappear as your body sloughs off its exterior
    > protective layer.

    I would go with this. I once, stupidly, tried to dye a jacket which
    had large yellow patches in it to get the yellow a slightly less
    garish colour. It worked a treat except I used plastic gloves,
    accidentally dropped my hand too low in the dye and got a glove full.
    Nothing I tried shifted it except time (and during this period I was a
    residential social worker working with children with learning
    difficulties, you can imagine their reaction to one funny coloured
    hand!)
    --
    Paul (We're too young to fall asleep)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Dec 26, 2005
  9. MZB

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:11:19 -0500, "MZB" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    >
    >Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem until
    >today.
    >
    >Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and some ink
    >got on my fingers.
    >
    >Soap and water don't do it.
    >
    >I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not use that
    >on my hands.
    >
    >Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if there is
    >something I can use...)
    >
    >Mel

    Not to get it off, but..
    Latex gloves. Check in a good drug store or restaurant supply store.
    They keep you from getting the ink on your hands.
    And newspaper to keep it off the surface you're doing the refills on.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Dec 26, 2005
  10. In article <>,
    Paul Heslop <> wrote:

    > I would go with this. I once, stupidly, tried to dye a jacket which
    > had large yellow patches in it to get the yellow a slightly less
    > garish colour. It worked a treat except I used plastic gloves,
    > accidentally dropped my hand too low in the dye and got a glove full.
    > Nothing I tried shifted it except time (and during this period I was a
    > residential social worker working with children with learning
    > difficulties, you can imagine their reaction to one funny coloured
    > hand!)

    If he's-you are crying about ink, sometime try making "real" photographs
    using silver nitrate, get a little emulsion on your hands and they will
    be black for a month, until the skin underneath wears off.
    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 26, 2005
  11. MZB

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Little Green Eyed Dragon wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Paul Heslop <> wrote:
    > >
    > > I would go with this. I once, stupidly, tried to dye a jacket which
    > > had large yellow patches in it to get the yellow a slightly less
    > > garish colour. It worked a treat except I used plastic gloves,
    > > accidentally dropped my hand too low in the dye and got a glove full.
    > > Nothing I tried shifted it except time (and during this period I was a
    > > residential social worker working with children with learning
    > > difficulties, you can imagine their reaction to one funny coloured
    > > hand!)

    > If he's-you are crying about ink, sometime try making "real" photographs
    > using silver nitrate, get a little emulsion on your hands and they will
    > be black for a month, until the skin underneath wears off.

    Good grief, sounds like fun!

    Paul Heslop, Dec 27, 2005
  12. MZB

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 01:47:11 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:

    >> If he's-you are crying about ink, sometime try making "real" photographs
    >> using silver nitrate, get a little emulsion on your hands and they will
    >> be black for a month, until the skin underneath wears off.

    > Good grief, sounds like fun!

    As was potassium permanganate, which was one of many chemicals
    included in the (Gilbert?) chemistry set I has when I was but a wee
    tyke. It could stain skin a really nice indelible purple, but it
    was eventually banned from these sets due to its other uses, such as
    putting a bit of glycerine on top of a mound of the stuff could be
    done to create your own little volcano.
    ASAAR, Dec 27, 2005
  13. MZB

    Brian Trosko Guest

    MZB <> wrote:

    > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if there is
    > something I can use...)

    Alcohol. Odds are if the ink's not water-soluble, it's soluble in
    alcohol. *Something* needs to keep it liquid in the cartridge.
    Brian Trosko, Dec 27, 2005
  14. "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    >
    > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem until
    > today.
    >
    > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and some
    > ink got on my fingers.
    >
    > Soap and water don't do it.
    >
    > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not use that
    > on my hands.
    >
    > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if there
    > is something I can use...)
    >
    > Mel

    You might try acetone. It's usually available at paint stores, some hardware
    stores, etc. Just be careful: it's very flammable, and can ruin many
    plastics. (Darn good solvent.) No guarantee it will work on your ink, but
    it's harmless enough to try out, subject to the caveats above.
    Jim C.
    James Copeland, Dec 27, 2005
  15. MZB

    Paul Heslop Guest

    ASAAR wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 01:47:11 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:
    >
    > >> If he's-you are crying about ink, sometime try making "real" photographs
    > >> using silver nitrate, get a little emulsion on your hands and they will
    > >> be black for a month, until the skin underneath wears off.

    > > Good grief, sounds like fun!

    > As was potassium permanganate, which was one of many chemicals
    > included in the (Gilbert?) chemistry set I has when I was but a wee
    > tyke. It could stain skin a really nice indelible purple, but it
    > was eventually banned from these sets due to its other uses, such as
    > putting a bit of glycerine on top of a mound of the stuff could be
    > done to create your own little volcano.

    ha ha! I remember the stuff. Only had one set but sure enough was able
    to produce these results. Must have been during the 60s.

    Paul Heslop, Dec 27, 2005
  16. MZB

    pboch Guest

    I burn it off with a torch.

    --
    _________________
    Patrick/g

    pboch, Dec 27, 2005
  17. In article <doqdg7$4rs$>,
    "James Copeland" <> wrote:

    > "MZB" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    > >
    > > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem until
    > > today.
    > >
    > > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and some
    > > ink got on my fingers.
    > >
    > > Soap and water don't do it.
    > >
    > > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not use that
    > > on my hands.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if there
    > > is something I can use...)
    > >
    > > Mel

    > You might try acetone. It's usually available at paint stores, some hardware
    > stores, etc. Just be careful: it's very flammable, and can ruin many
    > plastics. (Darn good solvent.) No guarantee it will work on your ink, but
    > it's harmless enough to try out, subject to the caveats above.
    > Jim C.

    Acetone -It specifically states that it is not to come in contact with
    skin- Not just volatile but very poisonous-to breath and come into
    contact with.

    The ink will wear off, next time be more careful.
    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 27, 2005
  18. In article <>,
    Paul Heslop <> wrote:

    > > If he's-you are crying about ink, sometime try making "real" photographs
    > > using silver nitrate, get a little emulsion on your hands and they will
    > > be black for a month, until the skin underneath wears off.

    > Good grief, sounds like fun!

    A blast :)
    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 27, 2005
  19. MZB

    Stewy Guest

    In article <G7Yrf.3294$%>,
    "MZB" <> wrote:

    > I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    >
    > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem until
    > today.
    >
    > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and some ink
    > got on my fingers.
    >
    > Soap and water don't do it.
    >
    > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not use that
    > on my hands.
    >
    > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if there is
    > something I can use...)

    Give the wife a break and get that non-scouring cleaner and give the
    bathtub, shower compartment, toilet and washbasin a good cleaning. Not
    only will the result cause amorous advances to be accepted later in the
    evening but your hand will look perfectly clean too.
    Stewy, Dec 27, 2005
  20. "Little Green Eyed Dragon" <> wrote in
    message
    > In article <doqdg7$4rs$>,
    > "James Copeland" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "MZB" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have a Canon Photo Printer (Pixma 4000).
    >> >
    >> > Anyway, I have changed cartridges from time-to-time. Never a problem
    >> > until
    >> > today.
    >> >
    >> > Today, somehow I must have squeezed the new cartridge (YELLOW) and some
    >> > ink got on my fingers.
    >> >
    >> > Soap and water don't do it.
    >> >
    >> > I googled and it suggested using 50% water/bleach. I'd rather not use
    >> > that
    >> > on my hands.
    >> >
    >> > Any suggestions?? (I assume it will just wear off over time, but if
    >> > there
    >> > is something I can use...)
    >> >
    >> > Mel

    >> You might try acetone. It's usually available at paint stores, some
    >> hardware
    >> stores, etc. Just be careful: it's very flammable, and can ruin many
    >> plastics. (Darn good solvent.) No guarantee it will work on your ink, but
    >> it's harmless enough to try out, subject to the caveats above.
    >> Jim C.

    > Acetone -It specifically states that it is not to come in contact with
    > skin- Not just volatile but very poisonous-to breath and come into
    > contact with.

    Negative about that. I am a retired chemistry professor, and have used
    acetone to rinse lab glassware and as a solvent and lab wash for over 50
    years. Students and lab technicians have done the same. We frequently had
    it on our bare hands-often washing our hands with it to remove organic oils,
    greases, etc. Yes, its vapor is rather sharp, but I know of no one who has
    ever suffered ill effects from contact with it or its vapor (when used with
    ordinary common sense, of course; one can carry anything too far). I don't
    know when it may have gotten a bad rap, but it's been used as I described
    for many more years than I have been alive, and still is. Probably the
    modern panic about anything "chemical" has brought about overkill on
    cautions and label warnings. (The only major "precaution" I can ever recall
    was in my own student days in the late 40's and early 50's, when coeds often
    wore nylon stockings. They were warned about getting acetone on nylons
    because this polymer readily dissolves in acetone. Of course, there were
    always some male jerks who would sneak up on a girl and squirt her nylons
    with a squeeze wash bottle filled with acetone. Many ruined stockings and
    angry coeds!)_
    Jim C.

    James Copeland, Dec 27, 2005