    towards an R2400 printer if the cost is $100 or more. The printer is about
    5 years old.

    Thanks

    Guest, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Re: Got a problem with my Epson 1280 Printer; Alternating green and redlights

    At bottom center of the ink holder is a locking finger sticking up through the
    bare metal plate. Push it down and see what happens. Mine releases the holder.
    Gene

    Gene F. Rhodes, Apr 27, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest

    Lightly oil (sewing machine oil, sparingly and carefully applied) the
    chrome rails. There is a catch to relase the head, but it's a little
    tricky to get at. If the oprinter lets the head go to the left briefly
    when turned on, pull the plug while it is out there, then you can try
    to locate the problem.. If it doesn't move easily along the rails,
    lubricate them as above.

    , Apr 27, 2006
  4. Guest

    tomm42 Guest

    Get the R2400 for matte, or the R1800 if you like glossy, check the
    release procedures in the other posts, if it doesn't work, get the new
    printer. Epson repair centers generally charge $95 to just look at the
    printer.

    Good luck

    Tom

    tomm42, Apr 27, 2006