    Actually I was also thinking of making it bootable, hopefully getting BartPE
    to run from the drive instead of a CD. I just haven't researched this yet.

    I am open to and appreciative of any suggestions or advice.

    D. Brown, Jun 17, 2005

  2. D. Brown

    AG Guest

    "D. Brown" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My father-in-law gave me a portable 10Gb USB 2.0 drive that is slightly
    > larger than a pack of cigarettes and self powered from the USB port. I am
    > looking to use this in the field by putting utilities and what not on it.
    > Any suggestions? I'm already thinking about the usual spyware removal
    > tools.
    >
    > Actually I was also thinking of making it bootable, hopefully getting
    > BartPE to run from the drive instead of a CD. I just haven't researched
    > this yet.
    >
    > I am open to and appreciative of any suggestions or advice.

    The Bart's PE can be done if you want. I've never tried it but there are
    instructions on the net. I put all of my stuff on thumb drives and I just
    got a little USB thing that I can put a laptop HD in from a friend who I did
    some work for. I'm going to put a 4 Gig HD in it this evening if it's still
    good. I haven't used the drive for months so it might not be.
    I keep some things like Hijack this, Portable Firefox, Spybot, full install
    of Firefox, MS Anti Spyware, CWshredder, Aida 32, Task kill and Winsock fix
    my 256 meg thumb drive plus bout 30 more free download type utilities and
    programs and it's only about half full.

    AG

    AG, Jun 18, 2005

  3. D. Brown

    Jack Guest

    "AG" <> wrote in message

    > "D. Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> My father-in-law gave me a portable 10Gb USB 2.0 drive that is slightly
    >> larger than a pack of cigarettes and self powered from the USB port. I am
    >> looking to use this in the field by putting utilities and what not on it.
    >> Any suggestions? I'm already thinking about the usual spyware removal
    >> tools.
    >>
    >> Actually I was also thinking of making it bootable, hopefully getting
    >> BartPE to run from the drive instead of a CD. I just haven't researched
    >> this yet.
    >>
    >> I am open to and appreciative of any suggestions or advice.

    > The Bart's PE can be done if you want. I've never tried it but there are
    > instructions on the net. I put all of my stuff on thumb drives and I just
    > got a little USB thing that I can put a laptop HD in from a friend who I
    > did some work for. I'm going to put a 4 Gig HD in it this evening if it's
    > still good. I haven't used the drive for months so it might not be.
    > I keep some things like Hijack this, Portable Firefox, Spybot, full
    > install of Firefox, MS Anti Spyware, CWshredder, Aida 32, Task kill and
    > Winsock fix my 256 meg thumb drive plus bout 30 more free download type
    > utilities and programs and it's only about half full.
    >
    > AG

    Those are great utilities to keep on hand AG. Another thing I keep on my
    thumb drive is a .txt file with links to some of my favorite tech info
    sites. Sometimes you just have to research out that odd error message.

    Jack, Jun 18, 2005