Gossiptel gone?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by salinas, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. salinas

    salinas Guest

    My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
    months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
    www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
    Gossiptel?
     
    salinas, Aug 9, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. salinas

    Mark Guest

    On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" <> wrote:

    >My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
    >months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
    >www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
    >Gossiptel?


    Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
    current.)
     
    Mark, Aug 10, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. salinas

    Sean Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" <> wrote:
    >
    >> My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
    >> months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
    >> www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
    >> Gossiptel?

    >
    > Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
    > current.)

    I think they probably have gone, can't imagine them having to many
    customers with their offerings
     
    Sean, Aug 11, 2006
    #3
  4. salinas

    Guest

    Sean wrote:
    > Mark wrote:
    > > On 9 Aug 2006 08:16:51 -0700, "salinas" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> My voip service with Gossiptel which has worked well for over twelve
    > >> months ceased without explanation 48 hours ago. The website
    > >> www.gossiptel.com is also down. Anyone know what has happened to
    > >> Gossiptel?

    > >
    > > Website still down. How odd. (The domain registration is still
    > > current.)

    > I think they probably have gone, can't imagine them having to many
    > customers with their offerings


    I've had very few problems with Gossiptel, but I had heard various
    rumours that its future was uncertain. Various people who were
    connected with it in the past have now gone and I wouldn't be surprised
    if they did not return. Unfortunately for me they went down with about
    £80 of my unspent call credit and six months of call logs that I was
    going to on bill to a client. In view of this if I dont get any refund
    in the next week I'm going to start action in the small claims court as
    Im pretty sure I can identify the remaining owners of the venture and
    find somewhere to serve an action. Some might say that this is rather
    a waste of time but I just dont think a company should be able to
    behave like this. Tonight all efforts to dial out to the PSTN is met
    with a recorded message that says that 'You are not authorised to call
    out using the PSTN' - any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
    provider in the UK?

    Regards

    Geoff.
     
    , Aug 11, 2006
    #4
  5. salinas

    Guest

    On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, wrote:


    >any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
    >provider in the UK?

    voipfone.co.uk very reliable.
     
    , Aug 11, 2006
    #5
  6. salinas

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
    >On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >
    >>any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
    >>provider in the UK?

    >voipfone.co.uk very reliable.


    Also voip.co.uk
     
    David Floyd, Aug 11, 2006
    #6
  7. salinas

    Guest

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:52:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
    >>On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
    >>>provider in the UK?

    >>voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

    >
    >Also voip.co.uk

    Service reliable administrative side of voip.co uk isn't though .
     
    , Aug 12, 2006
    #7
  8. salinas

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
    >On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:52:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
    >>>On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
    >>>>provider in the UK?
    >>>voipfone.co.uk very reliable.

    >>
    >>Also voip.co.uk

    >Service reliable administrative side of voip.co uk isn't though .


    I have had perfect service from admin.

    The village idiot never gets perfect service from anyone!
     
    David Floyd, Aug 12, 2006
    #8
  9. salinas

    Guest

    On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:25:30 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
    >>On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:52:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>In message of Fri, 11 Aug 2006, writes
    >>>>On 11 Aug 2006 13:11:08 -0700, wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>any suggestions of a good reliable alternative
    >>>>>provider in the UK?
    >>>>voipfone.co.uk very reliable.
    >>>
    >>>Also voip.co.uk

    >>Service reliable administrative side of voip.co uk isn't though .

    >
    >I have had perfect service from admin.

    So you reckon it is perfect service when you take the trouble to ask
    them to close your account and three months later the account is still
    open .
    >The village idiot never gets perfect service from anyone!

    Do not lie David I have had NOTHING but perfect service in every way
    from Voipfone,Freetalk, Vonage,Sip discount it is only the crap
    providers like Sipgate and voip.co.uk that I object to . I am not like
    some of you cheapskates who will put up with anything providing it is
    free or nearly free .
     
    , Aug 12, 2006
    #9
  10. salinas

    josh2244

    Joined:
    May 31, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Go SIPTel fate was predictable

    If you are buying your setup from a softswitch provider, sooner or later, they will price you out and start their own VoIP company.

    The next gossiptel is going to be a hard switch. We loved the gossiptel model and can reproduce it. The only change will be the switch. Our OEM switch will be both circuit and packet switched over a west coast USA backbone to PSTN with International gateways wherever we can find people who will install a gateway.

    Each shelf will hold ten boards. And each board will have 5000 SIP lines. Instead of buying time from us, our customers will own their own line. SO, when you buy an SIP Switch, it will be registered to your own SIP line. In other words, your SIP line is going to be colocated at our shelf.

    The lifecycle of the Class 5 switch is five years, so a few hundred sterling will get a line and over 5 years it is so cheap that you should get two lines.

    If you will install a media gateway we can pull to the core of our system, we'll give you the second line free.

    So far we are only starting up, have decided to call the deal FOOTPRINT.org and if we can manage to get it going so you do not need an SIP Switch on your end, we'll offer more features to those with their switch on their side of the internet.

    Comments welcome.
     
    josh2244, May 31, 2007
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. pedd

    where has my nerwork gone?

    pedd, Oct 9, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    556
  2. Guest

    gone wireless

    Guest, Feb 16, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    672
  3. David Harrison

    mozdev gone away?

    David Harrison, Dec 10, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    425
    David Harrison
    Dec 11, 2003
  4. LadySpudz

    Where's the folder gone?

    LadySpudz, Apr 5, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    889
    LadySpudz
    Apr 6, 2004
  5. Richard
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    980
    Mark Spatny
    Jun 2, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page