Googletalk

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Shane Guest

    http://www.google.co.nz/talk/otherclients.html

    Shane, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in news:dejrhv.d0.1
    @fairground.synaptic.net.nz:

    > ummm, wow.
    >
    > Google it if you don't know what it is.

    Jabber/XMPP client

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Ripping Silk Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ummm, wow.
    >
    > Google it if you don't know what it is.

    now i have one more chat application with no friends on my list!!

    Ripping Silk, Aug 25, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Allistar Guest

    Shane wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:40:09 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> ummm, wow.
    >>> Google it if you don't know what it is.

    >> and for those whodon't like to search... http://www.google.com/talk/

    > http://www.google.co.nz/talk/otherclients.html

    I can also confirm that Kopete works (or at least it connects ok, I don't
    have anyone eleo on my list yet).

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Aug 25, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ripping Silk wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> ummm, wow.
    >>
    >> Google it if you don't know what it is.
    >>

    > now i have one more chat application with no friends on my list!!

    :-(
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 25, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Phstpok Guest

    ~misfit~ stubbed out the damp squib on 26/08/2005 1:51 a.m.and tried to
    bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    > Ripping Silk wrote:
    >
    >>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>
    >>>ummm, wow.
    >>>
    >>>Google it if you don't know what it is.
    >>>

    >>now i have one more chat application with no friends on my list!!

    > :-(

    Ditto, and I don't even have a mic yet. Ah well, it will come in useful
    when gmail spreads, which I think is now inevitable.

    There is no cabal. Yes there is, it's pronounced google.

    Phstpok

    Phstpok, Aug 25, 2005
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    PAM. Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message

    > I can also confirm that Kopete works (or at least it connects ok, I don't
    > have anyone eleo on my list yet).

    Google is agreeing to connect to other networks - something the big three
    instant messaging companies have refused to do.

    That's the important bit, IMO.

    http://forum.linspire.com/viewtopic.php?p=430572#430572

    PAM.

    PAM., Aug 25, 2005
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ummm, wow.

    Wow? You were underwhelmed too?

    A negative review of Google Talk from England:

    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9076-1749986,00.html
    “What lies behind the Google chatter?”

    "However, it is likely to come at some cost to the consumer: their
    privacy. I can foresee Google using voice recognition technology to
    analyse their users' conversations and provide sponsored links that are
    relevant to the words and phrases just spoken. Thus Google Talk may be
    just another step towards world domination by Google."

    Nathan Mercer, Aug 27, 2005
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    ChrisOD Guest

    In article <430ffdee$>, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> ummm, wow.

    > Wow? You were underwhelmed too?
    >
    > A negative review of Google Talk from England:
    >
    > http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9076-1749986,00.html
    > “What lies behind the Google chatter?”
    >
    > "However, it is likely to come at some cost to the consumer: their
    > privacy. I can foresee Google using voice recognition technology to
    > analyse their users' conversations and provide sponsored links that are
    > relevant to the words and phrases just spoken. Thus Google Talk may be
    > just another step towards world domination by Google."

    Come on Nathan, world domination conspiracy theories about google?
    I thought M$ had a patent on world domination?
    :)

    ChrisOD, Aug 27, 2005
  12. On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:45:34 +1200, Nathan Mercer <>
    wrote:

    >Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> ummm, wow.

    >Wow? You were underwhelmed too?
    >
    >A negative review of Google Talk from England:

    there is some negative talk that google will soon morp from the
    darling to the monster of the internet...

    John in Surrey, Aug 28, 2005
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ChrisOD wrote:
    > In article <430ffdee$>, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> ummm, wow.

    >> Wow? You were underwhelmed too?
    >>
    >> A negative review of Google Talk from England:
    >>
    >> http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9076-1749986,00.html
    >> "What lies behind the Google chatter?"
    >>
    >> "However, it is likely to come at some cost to the consumer: their
    >> privacy. I can foresee Google using voice recognition technology to
    >> analyse their users' conversations and provide sponsored links that
    >> are relevant to the words and phrases just spoken. Thus Google Talk
    >> may be just another step towards world domination by Google."

    > Come on Nathan, world domination conspiracy theories about google?
    > I thought M$ had a patent on world domination?
    > :)

    So did they, hence the negative article about GoogleTalk being paraded out.
    <g>.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 28, 2005