    aloing with a site map and waited only to get a listing on the ip -- is
    this normal?

    , Jan 26, 2006

  2. Donald Guest

    Donald, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Guest

    The links are ok and result wqhen a search is made for the domain
    itself. The site name gemselect is referenced by the ip address, not
    our url www.gemselect.com which i'm hoping is just an iterim during the
    google dance. Can anyone provide advice on how to ensure that google
    lists our site by the URL and not its ip address?

    , Jan 26, 2006
  4. Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > The links are ok and result wqhen a search is made for the domain
    > itself. The site name gemselect is referenced by the ip address, not
    > our url www.gemselect.com which i'm hoping is just an iterim during the
    > google dance. Can anyone provide advice on how to ensure that google
    > lists our site by the URL and not its ip address?

    I think you have been unlucky and been given the IP of a website that was
    previously addressed as http://216.55.162.43 and Google seems to be
    remembering it. Do a Google search for "216.55.162.43" (with the speech
    marks) and you will find a few links to the previous website.

    Tony, Jan 27, 2006